The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm a vegetarian. Someone fed me horse meat and it put me off meat for life.
My boyfriend loves meat.
We co-exist quite nicely thankyou.
I will never preach 'vegetarianism' - it's my choice. It's much like I will never go door to door asking people to be athetists. My life in mine, yours is yours.
Reply 41
Put it this way if we weren't the dominant species on the planet then whatever animal it would be, would kill us and eat us for our meat. (I'm not trying to get across why we should eat meat because I know thats banned in this thread!!!) Argueably they don't a big enough brain anyway. Also whats the name of someone who eats just fish and vegetables, it begins with "p", ahhh I can't remember!!!!! :smile:
Reply 42
Piscarian? (random guess)
Daibhidh
I actually am on this side. MEAT! MEAT! MEAT! We were given these teeth and digestive systen for something. MEAT!

i love this carnivorous animal! :biggrin:
Reply 44
What makes me really laugh is veggies that eat fish and dairy products. Fish are living organisms too you know. Also, I think animals that are kept in harsh conditions all their life for milk / eggs etc etc is far worse than humainly killing an animal for food....
Well...im veggie! Mostly because i cant stand the taste of it..(aside chicken and fish) i dont believe people should force their own beliefs on to other people...its their choice if they eat it or not!!
There are two types of vegitarians in this world:

a) vegitarians

b) cranks

a) are good, we know live in a society where there are lots of tasty meat-free dishes and we are a lot more inventing with our cooking of vegetables and salads. :smile:

b) are idiots who like to assume some smug moral superiority over people because they don't eat animals, even though that superiority is a construct of a particular set of morals that are often not shared by the rest of society. :mad:
Reply 47
Dr_Death
Piscarian? (random guess)

Pescarian - as in 'pesca' = fish in spanish. Well that's how I remember it.
Reply 48
i have veggie friends but no ones ever tried to make me give up meat its a free world
Well if you tell meat eaters to leave me alone us veggies will leave you alone.
I decided to be a veggie it was a personal decision and goes fine with my meat eating friends. Most places have at least one veggie thing on the menu so going out isnt a problem and i dont preach about it. However what annoys me is all my meat eating friends who are determined to convert me back. Just leave me be I dont try to make you eat vegetables so stop getting me pissed and then taking me for a burger or kebab. A few of my friends have bought me meat despite knowing I'm veggie. I wont discuss vegetarianism with you unless you ask so dont discuss eating meat with me.

Its a free world and all that..

Latest

Trending

Trending