The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

which is the best accommodation - SHU

I'm coming to uni in September and i'm still in decision if i should commute or to stay in accommodation.
so far i have shortlisted LIV Student, Elements, Forge and Bramall court. which would you say would be the best or is there better alternatives?
Forge is the best
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Lifeismad
Forge is the best

Forge is huge so lots of people to meet and tonnes of parties
Original post by ajnabz
Forge is huge so lots of people to meet and tonnes of parties

The staff there are also very lenient so if your caught smoking 🍃 don’t worry lol! Everyones super friendly
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey!

From my personal experience - Central Quay was my favourite (formerly Unite Students and changed to Host Students).
The Forge is not so much for being 'rougher' but, as others have put in the thread, louder, more parties, busy.

It entirely depends on what you're looking for!
I stayed at Exchange Works which was extremely quiet, which was helpful for my second year when I wanted to knuckle down. Also was right next door.
Central Quay is where I met most of my friends, two huge courtyards and with underground parking (not sure if you have to pay though!) so plenty of noise.

Generally speaking, if you're going under the banner of Unite -- most places are very samey. It's only the area and distance to University that matters.

RE: Commuting
Great if you're looking to save money and not have the 'uni experience'
But bad in the sense you'll have to work a lot harder to make friends.

If you have any specific questions, just use my @ and I'll get back to you ASAP!
Joshua :smile:
Have you thought about one of the Student Roost properties? All centrally located with no rent to pay until October https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending