The Student Room Group

Razzz Ripens Her Grades: A Year 12 Challenge

Scroll to see replies

hope you're doing okay and it all gets manageable soon :smile: ur not alone so dont worry !
OMG Razzz, you proper scared me when I saw the words "Asian backhand slapped" in bold :afraid:

Cheering you on from my end of town :rave: Make sure you have breaks in between all this work, to relieve stress and avoid burn-out :redface:
Best of luck babes :console: just remember you're gonna come out on top no matter what!
I feel for you Razz
The pressures is relentless and now I miss doing GCSE
Razz just keep going, it’ll be alright
Razz we all know you can do it.
Original post by RazzzBerries
Guys, a lot's gone on in the past week and Year 12 life has just Asian backhand slapped me in the face, so a proper (and not rushed) post is looking like a bit of a sticky one right now. I promise I'll update you when I get more time. xx

Spoiler

Aaaa yes year 12 sucks, year 13 sucks, everything sucks, but I'm here for you and I love you and I will hug you forever so just VM/PM me whenever you want :cube:

Also you missed me off the tag list :colonhash:
Hope all goes well for you!! x
All the hard work is gonna pay off, I believe in you :heart: trust me, make the most out of year 12, don't let anything hold you back.
You missed me off the tag list too :colonhash:
MASS REPLIES (I'M DEFO NOT A MONTH LATE SORRY :'( )

Original post by nyxnko_
That's good to hear :redface: Take it easy Razzzy and hope you're not too stressed :cube:

Yeee thank you xx

Original post by MidnightSymphony
That's fine- just so long as you're sure everything's okay

:yep: :heart:

Original post by chibibotto
PeReStRoIkA

Say that in Miss H's voice lmao
"PeRESHtRYIKA"

Original post by laurawatt
Good luck for doing your work :hugs: Hope you’re okay x

Thank you! x
(Hope Year 12 is going well for you too, am currently trying to catch up with everyone's blogs lmao)

Original post by DrawTheLine
Hope you're okay
If you haven't already make a list and write all the stuff you have to do down. Imo it makes it a lot easier to manage, not to mention it's also heckin satisfying to cross something off the list

Trying to do that with a planner I bought. Hoping the shiny letters entices me to stop procrastinating. :lol:
Thank you :hugs:

Original post by clouddbubbles
razz just wanna let you know you're definitely not the only one who is drowning in the struggles of a-levels! hopefully it will get better for the both of us :smile:

YAY I'M NOT ALONE :rofl:
Ya yeet :yep:
Original post by Oxford Mum
Perestroika means literally rebuilding

I can remember being twenty something at the time and the Russians were really excited about it. There was also glasnost, which means openness.

It was even more exciting living through it. I can remember being upset at seeing the Berlin wall up in 1980. How happy I was when it came down in 1989!

:eek:

Original post by username4542966
hope you're doing okay and it all gets manageable soon :smile: ur not alone so dont worry !

:hugs:
Trying to figure out who you are because you've deleted this account. :rofl:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
OMG Razzz, you proper scared me when I saw the words "Asian backhand slapped" in bold :afraid:

Cheering you on from my end of town :rave: Make sure you have breaks in between all this work, to relieve stress and avoid burn-out :redface:

:lol:

Thank you :cube:

Original post by emilynxlan
Best of luck babes :console: just remember you're gonna come out on top no matter what!

POSITIVITY :congrats:
Thank you Emily xx

Original post by Laboromniavincit
I feel for you Razz
The pressures is relentless and now I miss doing GCSE

Right? :sad:

Razz just keep going, it’ll be alright

Original post by Pro Gamer 2003
Razz we all know you can do it.

Original post by Glaz
Aaaa yes year 12 sucks, year 13 sucks, everything sucks, but I'm here for you and I love you and I will hug you forever so just VM/PM me whenever you want :cube:

Also you missed me off the tag list :colonhash:

I love you more :lovehug:

Oops will add you for next time x

Original post by HumbleBee_x
Hope all goes well for you!! x
All the hard work is gonna pay off, I believe in you :heart: trust me, make the most out of year 12, don't let anything hold you back.
You missed me off the tag list too :colonhash:

Thank you :hugs: xx
Will add you too! Gosh I really am unorganised :facepalm:
Want a tag, Dahnny? Also are you making one too? :gah:

LOL finally started mine jaysus im so lazy :ahee:
Positivity always babes x
Hope you're well :smile:
oh miss h struggled so much when teaching us about america in the Vietnam war.

she pronounced ho chi Minh as hing ching ming 🤣

and don't get me started on how she pronounced diem bien phu (don't pree my spelling on that one)

Say that in Miss H's voice lmao
"PeRESHtRYIKA"

Crazy coincidence; I had a dream a couple of nights ago or so, that I went to our school to collect my GCSE certificates and it was during the school day, so then I went to your history lesson with you and I said hi to everyone and gave Miss H a nice big hug too :heart:
Im soooooooooo late, i know!
could I get a tag Razzz!

:eek:

Trying to figure out who you are because you've deleted this account. :rofl:

:lol:

Thank you :cube:

POSITIVITY :congrats:
Thank you Emily xx

Right? :sad:

I love you more :lovehug:

Oops will add you for next time x

Thank you :hugs: xx
Will add you too! Gosh I really am unorganised :facepalm:
Are you still doing this?
Sorry for not postingggg......u are doing AMAZING GURLL.....keep up with it......A-levels are no frickin joke thou...bio/chem arghhhhhhhhh ....Good luckkk ❤️
Hellloooo this is an amazing gyg
OFFICIAL POST #5 - I'm back (*sheepish grin*) and my 2019 review!
Right, let's check the last time I posted an update. "3 months ag-" ANA OOP -
*blinks*
Sorry guys! As you may or may not know, I took a little TSR hiatus, came back for a couple of days, and then promptly took another one :lol:. Nothing to you with y'all, I swear, it was just that I needed to prioritise what needed doing (*cough* sorting my shambles of a life out *cough*). Now the elephant in the room's been addressed, I think it's only fair that I let you know what's gone down in 3 months!

aCademICs:
☆꧁English Literature꧂☆

1984 - It's been a whirlwind of a ride and these lessons sorta had be contemplating if I accidentally picked History again because of the ton of context but we are FINALLY done with the novel. *hallelujah*. My Christmas holiday workload now consists of making a whole box and a half of revision materials which I shall be digging for come February 2021. Yeah, take that Winston, I won't see you again until 3 months before the exams. -.-
MS R IF YOU'RE READING THIS I JOKE, I LOVE 1984! *smiles sweetly* We're moving on to The Handmaid's Tale in January so that should be better, considering I read the graphic novel (yes) in the summer holidays prior. Fingers crossed.

Coursework - Ah coursework. It's that cousin you love and hate simultaneously. We finished going through all the Elizabeth Bishop poems and I am prOuD tO annOunCe that Sestina is my coursework poem! I kinda had a feeling from the beginning that it would work out this way, particularly because of the way I interpreted it (around the idea of fate and pre-determination). Unfortunately, the English Department changed the question I had in mind! We can make our own questions to answer for this part of the course, which is a massive advantage and I wanted to do it around fate considering I had a lot to say, but it got changed to "How typical is Bishop’s representation of family life in Sestina?". A bit sticky, but we move and my coursework teacher said I could slide in an idea on fate for one of my paragraphs if I wanted to.

☆꧁History꧂☆

Both the USSR and Germany sides of the course have been the same, just getting through content really! A point that I think should be mentioned here though is that I'm getting the exciting opportunity to head to Berlin to visit historical points in the course! Considering I'm a visual learner, I do think it'll be fun (although the context is really sad, we're visiting a Stasi prison which apparently my Politics teacher had a mental breakdown in response to seeing it) to see everything I've learned from my plain old boring textbook come to life. If the trip hits its quotas, I'll be going around the end of February, so you can keep an eye out for special content!

☆꧁Politics꧂☆

Again, both sides of the course have just been ploughing through content so it's not really much to share. However, you may be aware of the shock general election that rocked the nation. As Politics students, it was pretty hard for us to ignore so the last week of term pretty much ended up being Tory students vs Labour students vs Lib Dem students in agonising debates. :lol:

tHe LaW siTuatiOn:
I have applied to a TON of opportunities, and I'm looking forward to hearing from these people in the New Year, as I have been promised lol. They include me going into court and speaking with professionals in the industry, so it'll be really good if I could snap some of that up.

I went to a Law conference for aspiring, well, lawyers :lol:. It was good to get some intel on how the system works and things I need to do. Verrryyy insightful. :yep:

I also had the great opportunity of visiting Jesus College, Cambridge University! This wasn't special, it was just their open day for the last minute Year 13s dealing with UCAS but nevertheless I applied and went down to visit the college. I'm still deciding if Oxbridge is the way to go at the moment but I have almost all of 2020 to decide anyway, so we shall see where the road takes me!

My 2019 aNd gOiNg iNtO 2020:
It is no secret that this year has been rough. A rollercoaster at best, I've seen its highs and its lows. I think with me, my issue was thinking it was better to bite off more than I could chew. That's why my New Years' resolutions are as follows:

MAIN:

Make time. For friends, for family. I was too obsessed with running around trying to juggle everything that I forgot I could use the back burner sometimes and focus on what mattered.

SIDE TINGS:

Drink more water. My skin is crying.

Get a skincare routine. Seriously.

Forgive me and this post for being suuuper rushed, it took longer than I expected and we're also hosting a New Years' Eve party and I am being suMmonEd :rofl:. For the time being, I think this should do! SeE yoU neXt deCadE (ha, this'll never get old :giggle:. Well, at least for the hours it has left in circulation anyway!). I promise I'll be back for regular updates :rofl:!

Wishing you all a happy and love-filled 2020! :cube:

Pop down your New Years' resolutions (if you have any) down too, I'd love to have a read and get inspired!
Razzz x

sTiLL nEED to FiguRe ouT a NaMe foR y'ALL liKE:

Spoiler

P.S Replies to comments coming soon, I promise! :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending