Eye test tomorrow - helppppp

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have an eye test tomorrow and I think I’ll probably need glasses. I’m a guy, 6ft 5 and I do a lot of sports so having glasses would kinda be an inconvenience...and also maybe not look good on me lol. What do you think??
Anonymous #1
Also are glasses on guys generally a turn-off for girls? Thanks
undergradhopeful
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
chill out dude glasses are common amongst folk. Best wishes old sport.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by undergradhopeful)
chill out dude glasses are common amongst folk. Best wishes old sport.
Guess I could get a sporty pair like the Oakley ones
peeked
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can always get contacts so don't worry, the contacts should allow you to do most normal sports and realistically you can still do most sports with glasses. Also if you think you'll need them you probably don't have that bad eyesight so therefore you can get by with not wearing them all the time for now.
undergradhopeful
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yes of course. Nothing to worry about matey! Best.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Also are glasses on guys generally a turn-off for girls? Thanks
Nope, not a turn off. Contacts are an option if you don't like the thought of glasses.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by peeked)
You can always get contacts so don't worry, the contacts should allow you to do most normal sports and realistically you can still do most sports with glasses. Also if you think you'll need them you probably don't have that bad eyesight so therefore you can get by with not wearing them all the time for now.
Yeah unfortunately I can’t get contacts because they really irritate my eyes. I reckon I’ll probs have quite a strong prescription since I haven’t been in ages and sometimes struggle seeing long distances😂
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
Nope, not a turn off. Contacts are an option if you don't like the thought of glasses.
Can’t get them unfortunately. Do you find them ok on guys if they’re a good style?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by undergradhopeful)
yes of course. Nothing to worry about matey! Best.
Cheers
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can’t get them unfortunately. Do you find them ok on guys if they’re a good style?
Glasses? Yep, totally not an issue
Last edited by black tea; 1 year ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
Glasse? Yep, totally not an issue
Oh ok cool 😎
Anonymous #1
What do people think of sports goggles like these? Attachment 845780
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There are plenty of sports frames.
In addition, if your eyesight is not that bad it is even recommended not to wear them full-time, so you can take them off for sports.
You can also use a band to hold the glasses on your face when doing sports... I do that. I find the sports glasses comfortable only for cycling...
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I have an eye test tomorrow and I think I’ll probably need glasses. I’m a guy, 6ft 5 and I do a lot of sports so having glasses would kinda be an inconvenience...and also maybe not look good on me lol. What do you think??
Update: I need glasses and have a prescription of -2.5 in each eye. Is this strong?
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Update: I need glasses and have a prescription of -2.5 in each eye. Is this strong?
not really, but you probably will notice that glasses are helpful almost for everything.
goldjacker786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
glasses are a very common thing nowadays - with so many frames available there's bound to be one for for you! perhaps go for a sportier style if you like but from general experience if you can do fine in sports without glasses now - you can just remove them in your future workouts. see the test through and maybe opt for contact lenses if you're comfortable.
Last edited by goldjacker786; 1 year ago
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
The prescription isnt too high at all however it will be a noticable difference from before. Glasses are almost inevitable as with age your eyes generally lose the ability to focus as much
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
The prescription isnt too high at all however it will be a noticable difference from before. Glasses are almost inevitable as with age your eyes generally lose the ability to focus as much
Attachment 846010

These are the ones I went for. What do you think?
goldjacker786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Attachment 846010

These are the ones I went for. What do you think?
pretty nice frames and a good style too!! You can always take them off when you're doing intensive sport.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (178)
28.48%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.64%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.28%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.32%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
8%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.16%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.92%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed