The Student Room Group

Alternative study method?

Hi everyone!
As someone going into year 11 in a few days, I’m of course stressing about GCSEs. This got me thinking about different ways to revise the subjects I’m not doing so great in. I have a 2hr commute each way and usually listen to podcasts, so I thought why not record myself reading study notes and listen back to them on the commute? Good idea or no? Let me know what you think, or if I should make it like a public thing! If I listen to anything enough times it’s sure to stick in my head, like a song :smile: thanks
yeah, that could be a good idea. however, I personally cannot stand the sound of my own voice on recordings, so if that's the same for you, you could always download youtube vids.
& wow, 2 hour journey?! what time do you wake up & go to bed. Your secondary school must be legendary for you to do that hike everyday
Original post by jadarose
& wow, 2 hour journey?! what time do you wake up & go to bed. Your secondary school must be legendary for you to do that hike everyday

Yeah I live outside of London and my school is in Kingston, but my I worked hard to get in there so it’s worth it.. ish! I have to leave at 5:45 in the morning lol, I usually go to bed at 9 x
Original post by jadarose
yeah, that could be a good idea. however, I personally cannot stand the sound of my own voice on recordings, so if that's the same for you, you could always download youtube vids.

I get what you mean about the voice thing.. didn’t know you could do that with youtube! Thanks x
Original post by therealbeing
Hi everyone!
As someone going into year 11 in a few days, I’m of course stressing about GCSEs. This got me thinking about different ways to revise the subjects I’m not doing so great in. I have a 2hr commute each way and usually listen to podcasts, so I thought why not record myself reading study notes and listen back to them on the commute? Good idea or no? Let me know what you think, or if I should make it like a public thing! If I listen to anything enough times it’s sure to stick in my head, like a song :smile: thanks

im going into yr 11 as well. ive got some pretty amazing notes n stuff we could exchange.. XD
Original post by yurgirln33s
im going into yr 11 as well. ive got some pretty amazing notes n stuff we could exchange.. XD

Sure, I’d love that! What subjects are you taking, and which exam board?
Sure, I’d love that! What subjects are you taking, and which exam board?

im doing macbeth jeyll and hyde, an inspector calls
triple science
geography
french - higher
computer science
and the other core ones.
im doing macbeth jeyll and hyde, an inspector calls
triple science
geography
french - higher
computer science
and the other core ones.

I’m also doing macbeth, lord of the flies and jane eyre
Also triple science and higher french
History, RS, Art and Drama
I’m also doing macbeth, lord of the flies and jane eyre
Also triple science and higher french
History, RS, Art and Drama

wht are ur target grades for english lit and lang & science??
wht are ur target grades for english lit and lang & science??

8’s and 9’s, you?
8’s and 9’s, you?

same.. have u made any revision stuff yet like notes and that?
same.. have u made any revision stuff yet like notes and that?

I’m mainly sticking to past paper questions but I’m going to make more notes as I go along. How about you?
I’m mainly sticking to past paper questions but I’m going to make more notes as I go along. How about you?

i have made a few, do u need some for Macbeth??
i have made a few, do u need some for Macbeth??

We’re starting Shakespeare this term, so that would be amazing! Thank you so much! Let me know if you need anything as well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending