ayalaj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello I’m going into Year 12 this September and I’m doing IB instead of A Levels. I am a little worried as I really want to do well. The subjects I chose were as follows:

HL Economics
HL Biology
HL Chemistry

SL German
SL English Lit
SL Mathematics

Does anyone who has done those subjects, or anybody who has done the IB in general have any advice they could share? As stated before I’m just quite nervous because of the amount of subjects to do compared to A Level and I really want to do well. Any help is much appreciated and thanks for reading
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ayalaj)
Hello I’m going into Year 12 this September and I’m doing IB instead of A Levels. I am a little worried as I really want to do well. The subjects I chose were as follows:

HL Economics
HL Biology
HL Chemistry

SL German
SL English Lit
SL Mathematics

Does anyone who has done those subjects, or anybody who has done the IB in general have any advice they could share? As stated before I’m just quite nervous because of the amount of subjects to do compared to A Level and I really want to do well. Any help is much appreciated and thanks for reading
Do you have the option to do A levels? I might recommend them instead considering that they're much less work than IB and easier to do well in.
ayalaj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
Do you have the option to do A levels? I might recommend them instead considering that they're much less work than IB and easier to do well in.
Unfortunately not. I understand where you’re coming from and I did prefer to do A Level. But the schools which I applied to that provided A Level rejected me due to lack of space. So now I just have to do IB.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.56%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (69)
56.56%
No (45)
36.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise