Trading in a phone that’s had a screen replacement

Watch
bhfn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hey!

I currently own an cracked screen iphone 7 plus and I’m wanting to buy an iphone 8 for £250. I was thinking of buying the phone and then looking to replace the screen on my iphone 7 plus for about £50-60 and then look to sell it. I think it would be most convenient if I just traded it into CeX but how would they be with a phone that’s had a screen replacement that wasn’t done by Apple? or would my best bet be selling it to someone?
princechromey
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bhfn)
hey!

I currently own an cracked screen iphone 7 plus and I’m wanting to buy an iphone 8 for £250. I was thinking of buying the phone and then looking to replace the screen on my iphone 7 plus for about £50-60 and then look to sell it. I think it would be most convenient if I just traded it into CeX but how would they be with a phone that’s had a screen replacement that wasn’t done by Apple? or would my best bet be selling it to someone?
Hi,

This is what CEX have on their official website, regarding grading:

https://uk.webuy.com/support/productgrading/

https://uk.support.webuy.com/support...x-grade-items-

Given how expensive it is to replace the screen on an iPhone (or any phone nowadays) you're probably best off selling the iPhone 7 to CEX as a Grade F (faulty), or selling it elsewhere. If you do sell it elsewhere then you'll have to decide whether the extra value the phone will have after repairs is worth spending the extra on a new screen.

Or you could just get the iPhone 7 repaired and keep using it - as the iPhone 8 Plus is quite expensive from CEX, even used.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads