Ams9383
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I am going to be starting uni in September I’ve applied for the law with crim course it’s Always been my dream to study law at uni and now I’m getting the chance to however I am stuck between law and crim or law and business I’ve heard law with business is really good in the future I know I want to start my own business so this course would be more beneficial for me than law with crim however my cousin told me law on its own is really hard and so Is business on its own so together they’d be really hard on stuck and don’t know what to do can someone please give me some advice
Gradebaker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe you should look at the specific modules of each course and see which appeal the most to you? I’m about to start law with business in September myself, so I’d recommend it but I’m biased Also, have you checked with the uni if it’s actually possible to switch courses?
Ams9383
Rep:
?
Hi thanks for the reply if you don’t mind which uni are you going to study this course and also I’m sure on enrolement day they will let me change can I ask why your studying law with business what made you go for this course
Gradebaker
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ams9383)
Hi thanks for the reply if you don’t mind which uni are you going to study this course and also I’m sure on enrolement day they will let me change can I ask why your studying law with business what made you go for this course
I’m going to the university of Birmingham. I decided to go for this course because I’ve been studying business since GCSE (I did it at A level too) and have always found the subject really enjoyable. The aspects of law I’m most interested in are related to business too, as I find employment law & corporate law appeal the most to me. Furthermore, I think business is such a relevant discipline in everyday life as it ties in to pretty much anything; virtually every good/service in day to day life will inevitably be tied to business in some way, so I figured it’s very practical to have some understanding of how it works. I hope this makes sense
Ams9383
Rep:
?
That totally makes sense I understand what your saying. With business do you know if there is a lot of maths involved especially studying business at an degree level?
Gradebaker
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ams9383)
That totally makes sense I understand what your saying. With business do you know if there is a lot of maths involved especially studying business at an degree level?
I’m not entirely sure how much maths is involved if I’m honest. Although, having said that 2 of my modules in first year are business finance and economics- so I guess those will both be maths orientated to some extent. I didn’t do A level maths though. The only requirement for my course was an A at gcse maths I think
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.07%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.51%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.22%
It might lead to more bullying (143)
38.86%
There's nothing they could do (108)
29.35%

Watched Threads