Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I'm currently in Year 12 looking for unis to apply for in September. I stumbled across Aston Uni and was looking for any opinions on the uni?
Lifeismad
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If your into the social aspect of uni its brilliant especially if your staying out but if your serious about your education then no, there's just too much parties, drinking etc even when its not freshers and I heard most of the Aston halls are filled with potheads
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Lifeismad)
If your into the social aspect of uni its brilliant especially if your staying out but if your serious about your education then no, there's just too much parties, drinking etc even when its not freshers and I heard most of the Aston halls are filled with potheads
um seriously? its like 99.98% British asian (exaggerating obv)
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

I'm currently in Year 12 looking for unis to apply for in September. I stumbled across Aston Uni and was looking for any opinions on the uni?
Hi,

Great to hear you're considering studying with us. Is there anything you would like to ask? Rather than me giving you the typical marketing spiel?

Josh
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Aston University)
Hi,

Great to hear you're considering studying with us. Is there anything you would like to ask? Rather than me giving you the typical marketing spiel?

Josh
Hi!
The main topics i would like to know more about is:
- Should I be concerned of Any Crime?
- How are the facilities, e.g Lecture Theatres
- Activities and life in Birmingham
- How is the Business School?
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi!
The main topics i would like to know more about is:
- Should I be concerned of Any Crime?
- How are the facilities, e.g Lecture Theatres
- Activities and life in Birmingham
- How is the Business School?
Okay great:

Crime – Like any major city crime does happen, but I wouldn’t say there is any cause for concern. You’ll be living and studying on our campus which has 24/7 security in operation. They will regularly patrol the campus at night. We’ve also just launched our new SafeZone app which gives you a direct line to security. You can even give them your pinpoint location on campus or raise a panic alarm to have a security officer dispatched to your location.

Additionally, I’ve lived in Birmingham for 27 years and did my degree at Aston, at no point was either myself, or any of my friends a direct victim of crime. There isn’t any extra level of precaution you would need to take opposed to studying somewhere like London, Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow etc. Just the usual precautions you would take in a major city.

Facilities – We are constantly improving our campus, it’s been a bit of a building site the last five years, but now the majority of the work has been finished – new accommodation, teaching facilities, £1m+ Students’ Union. You should certainly come to our next open day in October and take a look for yourself. However if you can’t make it down or are an overseas student, here is a little video I filmed in 360 that should give you a good idea of the facilities.

Activities – Importantly, what are you interested in? I can give you some inside pointers. Especially if you’re planning to visit on an open day. Make an adventure of it. I’ve never felt bored with the lack of options in Birmingham. Tonnes of live music which is my main passion. Hundreds of shops, restaurants. Several cinemas, bowling, escape rooms, nightclubs. We even have the commonwealth games coming to the city in 2022. You'll also have the option to join one of the hundreds of clubs & societies on offer.

Aston Business School – Our business school is ranked within the top 100 in the world by QS and is also in the top 1% of business schools to hold triple accreditation. Our teaching is informed by industry to give students the skills employers are asking for. You’ll take the placement year we have pioneered for 15+ years as an institution. Gaining you valuable experience to put you ahead of the pack when it comes to the graduate job market.

Hope that helps, don't be affraid if you have a tonne more questions. I'm here to chat.

Josh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (14)
6.73%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (116)
55.77%
No (78)
37.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed