The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

PGCE Primary at University of Greenwich

Hi,
Is University of Greenwich a good one for PGCE Primary?
Does anyone here have any experiences to share?
How do you think the university compares to Goldsmiths?
Where would you do your PGCE Primary course?
Thanks in advance
Original post by tanmae
Hi,
Thanks in advance

Hi @tanmae,

It’s great that you’re considering Greenwich and doing further research on your options. Hopefully I can provide some background information on our PGCE in Primary Education and Greenwich in general.

The quality of our teacher training in Primary education was rated as "Outstanding" in the Ofsted report for Initial Teacher Education 2016. Ofsted found that "Headteachers unanimously agree that when newly qualified teachers from the University of Greenwich are employed, they 'hit the ground running'. They are very much the first choice for employers in the local and wider London region."

Here’s some other stats for you to consider:
Complete University Guide 2020
Greenwich improved 13 places in the overall rankings this year, with our Student Satisfaction (4/5) and Graduate Prospects (70.2/100) both ranking higher than those of Goldsmiths (3.88/5 and 58.1/100 respectively).
Sunday Times Good University Guide
In the figures published yesterday we have improved by 16 places (84th) and student satisfaction with both teaching quality and the student experience continue to rise.
Guardian University League Table 2020
Greenwich climbed 10 places in the Guardian University league tables for 2020, with our Student Satisfaction reaching 80%. We are now positioned 90th in the UK, compared to Goldsmith’s 99th.
National Student Survey
Our Overall Student Satisfaction improved 3.5% to 82.2% in 2019, one of the highest scores in London, with satisfaction over 90% for our Teaching and Education students.

Hope that helps 😊
Tara
(edited 4 years ago)
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 2
Original post by tanmae
Hi,
Thanks in advance

Did you apply in the end? I have just been for the interview yesterday and I really enjoyed it! Teachers seemed committed and genuinely passionate
Original post by Italeigh
Did you apply in the end? I have just been for the interview yesterday and I really enjoyed it! Teachers seemed committed and genuinely passionate

Hey. I have not logged in for a long time, sorry. I am starting in September. What did you decide to do in the end?
Reply 4
Me too. I got accepted a few days after my IV and didn’t go to any of my other choices!
Original post by Italeigh
Me too. I got accepted a few days after my IV and didn’t go to any of my other choices!

Congratulations. I'm so nervous though! 😊😊
Hi there! I have my interview next week and I am super anxious about the group interview and the short questions that will be asked. During your interview how was it? What questions did they ask???
Hi everyone! :ciao:

We are just letting everybody know that we will not be appearing as an official rep here after November 2020. We will be leaving these threads open so that the conversations can continue. You will still be able to chat to us on TSR as we will have students coming on every now and then to answer questions and share their experiences.

We are still here to help through our other communication channels below:

- Give us a call on 020 8331 9000 between 9am and 5pm during the week

- Email us at [email protected]

- Message us in real-time with our livechat feature

We have really enjoyed talking to you here and we look forward to hearing from you in the future!

Duncan :smile:

#proudtobeGRE
how did you all find the course? im looking to start in september, i have my interview next week!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending