University of Bath 2020 Applicants thread Watch

STEM.lover
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all!

This is for anyone applying to the University of Bath 2020 entry.

To start this off:

What course are you applying for?:
What subjects are you currently studying?:
Predicted A level grades:
GCSE grades:
What other universities are you applying to?:
Why Bath?:
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?:

Puddles the Monkey
STEM.lover
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What course are you applying for?: maths and physics
What subjects are you currently studying?: maths, further maths, physics, chemistry
Predicted A level grades: don’t have them yet 4A’s at AS
GCSE grades: 12A*, 1A
What other universities are you applying to?: Cambridge, Durham, Warwick, Lancaster
Why Bath?: its a good university and I needed a fifth choice.
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?: Summer schools, Reading around the subjects.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've added this to the big list of uni chats :woo:
awakealways
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey guys good luck with applications and UCAS

What course are you applying for?: Psychology
What subjects are you currently studying?: Maths Chemistry Economics
Predicted A level grades: A* A* A
GCSE grades: 11A* 1A
What other universities are you applying to?: Cambridge, Durham, Edinburgh, Warwick
Why Bath?: Such a beautiful uni and i loved that everyone would be in a bubble
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?: went to this conference held by the BPS, did an independent research project, went to lectures
Megan Vingoe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What course are you applying for?: Biochemistry with a placement year
What subjects are you currently studying?: Biology, Chemistry, Maths
Predicted A level grades: A* A A
GCSE grades: 5x9s, 4x8s, A
AS grades: AAAA (did French too)
What other universities are you applying to?: Loughborough, Warwick, Sheffield, Reading
Why Bath?: It is beautiful, the lecturers for the course I want to do are incredible and the sports facilities are amazing too!
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?: Reading around the subject, work experience
Harry-Pikesley
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What course are you applying for?: Mathematics MMath
What subjects are you currently studying?: Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics
Predicted A level grades: A*A*A*A
GCSE grades: 4x9, 3x8, 1xA*, 2x7, 1x6
What other universities are you applying to?: Oxford, Warwick, Nottingham, Birmingham
Why Bath?: Such a beautiful campus, great city, all close together so university life seems like it'd be great
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?: Work Experience at Imperial, Wider reading around the subject, attended public lectures and problem-solving classes, the list goes on...
Cpoentleirn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi! I’m applying for MBio at Bath
Currently studying Maths, Chemistry and Biology at Advanced Higher level.
At National 5 is got 8A’s and at Higher I got 5A’s and I’m hopefully heading for 3A’s at Advanced Higher but I’m really struggling this year😅.
I’m also applying to St Andrews, Durham, York and Edinburgh.
I went to an Open Day at Bath and it blew my mind, the university is so beautiful and the town reminded me of my home (Edinburgh) so much that I honesty fell in love with the place.
I’ve done fencing, swimming and played multiple instruments for a long time but not really with the intent of putting them on my personal statement. The majority of it talks about the books I’ve read and a course I went to at Edinburgh zoo as well as work experience in a biochemistry lab.

I wish all other applicants good luck with UCAS and look forward to maybe meeting some of you lovely people of the Internet in the future!
drupboy152
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What course are you applying for?: Economics
What subjects are you currently studying?: Maths, Economics and Chemistry
Predicted A level grades: A* A* A
GCSE grades: 6 A*s, 3 As and a B
What other universities are you applying to?: Warwick, Nottingham, UCL, Southampton
Why Bath?: Loved the campus and the flexibility that the course offers
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?: did an EPQ, taster courses and reading around the subject, and essay competitions
Last edited by drupboy152; 1 week ago
RavenclawOwl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What course are you applying for?:
Mathematics and Statistics
What subjects are you currently studying?:
Maths (done), Further maths, English lit, Psychology
Predicted A level grades:
A*A*A*A* (unexpected but yayyy!)
GCSE grades:
11 A*s (999998888A*A*)
What other universities are you applying to?:
Oxford (eek), Warwick, Imperial, Southampton
Why Bath?:
When I don't get into Oxford I want to go somewhere I love the 'vibe' of just as much. Never thought I believed in gut feeling but wow I just loved the open day and the town is gorgeous!
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?:

MOOC, reading, research etc
meandothergays
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What course are you applying for?: Psychology MSc (5 years) and Psychology Bsc (4 years)
What subjects are you currently studying?: Psychology, Geography and Literature in English
Predicted A level grades: A*A and D3 (which is roughly equivalent to A)
GCSE grades: D*88887766
What other universities are you applying to?: Glasgow, Birmingham and Manchester
Why Bath?: I went to an open day and it seemed great! At first I was attracted because of the high ranking for psychology (I was going to apply to Cambridge but the course is centered around everything I least like)
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?: Not much since before two years ago I was thinking of applying for PPE or similar. I've done a lot of reading, but not much else. Any ideas welcome!
Lelux
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
has anyone got an offer yet?
Zzmorr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lelux)
has anyone got an offer yet?
I haven’t!
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi everyone!

Great to see you are interested in studying at Bath

If you have any questions about what it is like to study here, just quote me!

Alice,
Final Year Management
Lelux
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by University of Bath)
Hi everyone!

Great to see you are interested in studying at Bath

If you have any questions about what it is like to study here, just quote me!

Alice,
Final Year Management
around what period does the earliest offers get sent out ? eg what’s the waiting period if say ive sent my ucas off 2 weeks ago but no response of an offer or rejection ?
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Lelux)
around what period does the earliest offers get sent out ? eg what’s the waiting period if say ive sent my ucas off 2 weeks ago but no response of an offer or rejection ?
Hi - thanks for your question and great to hear you've applied for Bath!

There is no earliest day which the offers get sent out - it varies by department and each application is reviewed individually. There is no set response time. 2 weeks is a very short period of time and you should not expect to hear back yet so don't worry!

I applied in November and heard mid-late December but some of my coursemates applied at a similar time but didn't hear back until April. It really depends and they have a lot of applications to review.

I know it can be stressful to wait but please be assured that it is normal and not a reflection on your application. The University aims to make all offers by the end of March but the deadline is 15th May.

If you have anymore questions about Bath, please don't hesiate to let me know

Leah
3rd Year Chemical Engineering
ezzz_2003
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by STEM.lover)
What subjects are you currently studying?: I am studying Maths, Design. Physics and Welsh Bacc.
Predicted A level grades: I am predicted 3A and 1A*
GCSE grades: I got 5A and 7B.
What other universities are you applying to?: I haven't really considered any other unis (oops!) but Cardiff may be an option as is is a 30 minute train ride away.
Why Bath?: It is close to my extended family who I don't see very often and Bath offers the opportunity to do a 1 year placement with the course which is really great.
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?: I am part of the Prefect team at school. I am also in the proccess of applying for Head Girl. I am heavily involved in the School Council and Welsh Youth Parliament. I am a Scout which means I attend a weekly session on a Thursday evening and I spend time on expeditions and working as a team.

Puddles the Monkey
Ez xoxo
Tofic
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
What course are you applying for?: Aerospace Engineering
What subjects are you currently studying?: Maths, Physics, Chemistry (Achieved an A* in Dutch)
Predicted A level grades: AAA
GCSE grades: Between A*-B's
What other universities are you applying to?: Bristol, Loughborough, Nottingham, Leeds
Why Bath?: Very nice city, and a good university.
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?: I have done a lot of extra reading.
Lelux
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by University of Bath)
Hi - thanks for your question and great to hear you've applied for Bath!

There is no earliest day which the offers get sent out - it varies by department and each application is reviewed individually. There is no set response time. 2 weeks is a very short period of time and you should not expect to hear back yet so don't worry!

I applied in November and heard mid-late December but some of my coursemates applied at a similar time but didn't hear back until April. It really depends and they have a lot of applications to review.

I know it can be stressful to wait but please be assured that it is normal and not a reflection on your application. The University aims to make all offers by the end of March but the deadline is 15th May.

If you have anymore questions about Bath, please don't hesiate to let me know

Leah
3rd Year Chemical Engineering
thank you !!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 6 November 2019, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 5 February 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 1 April 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 1 Apr '20

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (10)
21.74%
No (36)
78.26%

Watched Threads