HNC Applied Biological Science university progression? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m currently studying HNC applied biological sciences at college in Glasgow. I was thinking of doing the HND next year as to save on funding for university as I was the planning to pay for the courses myself until then. I was just curious as to what courses in Glasgow University, Edinburgh University and Strathclyde University i would be eligible to apply for? I was hoping to apply for either 2nd year or 3rd year and I’m mainly interested in animal care, industry and high school/ primary teaching.

Thanks!
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m currently studying HNC applied biological sciences at college in Glasgow. I was thinking of doing the HND next year as to save on funding for university as I was the planning to pay for the courses myself until then. I was just curious as to what courses in Glasgow University, Edinburgh University and Strathclyde University i would be eligible to apply for? I was hoping to apply for either 2nd year or 3rd year and I’m mainly interested in animal care, industry and high school/ primary teaching.

Thanks!
Hey! I seen your thread and thought I'd jump in and help with the Strathclyde part of your question . If you were looking to apply to our Biomolecular Science Degree, more details online here https://www.strath.ac.uk/courses/und...cularsciences/, then we would be looking for you to get a B in your graded unit to gain entry into 1st year of the course, for 2nd year entry you would be looking at an A in your graded unit. If you were also thinking of doing your HND within a similar subject, which is great!, then we would be looking for you to get a BB in your graded unit for year 2 entry and an AB for year 3 entry. Hope this helps with your decision making!

Karen Robley
Official Strathclyde University Rep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

What's your favourite genre?