Gurenberg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,

I am working as Assistant Auditor in a BIG 4 company and in October I will start ACA certification. From previous degrees (Bachelor in Business Administration and Master in Accounting and Finance) have exemptions in following modules: 1) Accounting, 2) Business Technology and Finance and 3) Financial Management. Also, I will apply for exemptions in Management Information and Assurance.

I would like to know from someone who has true relevant experience how much studying time should someone dedicate for each Professional Level module. Also, how much time takes each college class in average? Finally, is it possible to conclude the certification in other company who is not approved by the ICAEW (In the same procedure in which someone is able to apply for an exemption which is not agreed with the university)

Thank you in advance
Ryanwilks96
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Gurenberg)
Hi,

I am working as Assistant Auditor in a BIG 4 company and in October I will start ACA certification. From previous degrees (Bachelor in Business Administration and Master in Accounting and Finance) have exemptions in following modules: 1) Accounting, 2) Business Technology and Finance and 3) Financial Management. Also, I will apply for exemptions in Management Information and Assurance.

I would like to know from someone who has true relevant experience how much studying time should someone dedicate for each Professional Level module. Also, how much time takes each college class in average? Finally, is it possible to conclude the certification in other company who is not approved by the ICAEW (In the same procedure in which someone is able to apply for an exemption which is not agreed with the university)

Thank you in advance
Having just recently completed the ACA I can tell you this. For the professional level it really depends on exams and your prior experience. Working in audit will probably mean that less time is required for the audit and assurance exam, however FAR in my experience is the more challenging one. Depending on the college you go to you get a lot of time in there to prepare however home study is required.

I studied at Kaplan and the courses work as follows:
Technical knowledge - where you do most of the learning, varies depending on course 1-4 days.
Applied workshop - a little more learning and exposure to exam style question 2-3 days
Exam prep - just smashing exam questions 2-3 days.

I didn’t do too much work between TK & AW but you really need to know your content for EP otherwise you will feel lost!

Regarding the finishing the exam elsewhere - I believe they need to be accredited by the ICAEW as you need to get your work experience days at an approved workplace.
Gurenberg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ryanwilks96)
Having just recently completed the ACA I can tell you this. For the professional level it really depends on exams and your prior experience. Working in audit will probably mean that less time is required for the audit and assurance exam, however FAR in my experience is the more challenging one. Depending on the college you go to you get a lot of time in there to prepare however home study is required.

I studied at Kaplan and the courses work as follows:
Technical knowledge - where you do most of the learning, varies depending on course 1-4 days.
Applied workshop - a little more learning and exposure to exam style question 2-3 days
Exam prep - just smashing exam questions 2-3 days.

I didn’t do too much work between TK & AW but you really need to know your content for EP otherwise you will feel lost!

Regarding the finishing the exam elsewhere - I believe they need to be accredited by the ICAEW as you need to get your work experience days at an approved workplace.
Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful. From what I have read, I agree that the FAR is by far the most challenging.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)