The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do...

At first I thought this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but now I know that this has gone too far. I'm 17 years old and I'm currently studying A - Level Physics, Maths and Computer Science.

During the first few months I was doing well, I was getting really good grades. As the months had gone by, I don't know what had happened... My grades were getting so bad, I just didn't know what was going on but that didn't stop me. I was still revising and doing everything I can to get good grades but then came the end of year exams. My mum had been going to college (some qualification she needs to get a job she wants) and I had been babysitting my siblings. at first it wasn't so bad as I had been putting time to revise and study. I wanted to tell her that I can't always look after my siblings as my A Levels take too much time; as time passed I lost a lot of energy and just couldn't be asked to revise anymore.

I soon realised that I couldn't be bothered to revise or even go to school or even leave my bed at this point. The idea of me failing hurt me so much and I knew that I couldn't even be bothered to actually get some work done and put in the effort. I don't think I'm ready for college again. I just dont want a repeat of what's happened this year. I just don't know what to do at this point...
Original post by OnABus2Neverland
At first I thought this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but now I know that this has gone too far. I'm 17 years old and I'm currently studying A - Level Physics, Maths and Computer Science.

During the first few months I was doing well, I was getting really good grades. As the months had gone by, I don't know what had happened... My grades were getting so bad, I just didn't know what was going on but that didn't stop me. I was still revising and doing everything I can to get good grades but then came the end of year exams. My mum had been going to college (some qualification she needs to get a job she wants) and I had been babysitting my siblings. at first it wasn't so bad as I had been putting time to revise and study. I wanted to tell her that I can't always look after my siblings as my A Levels take too much time; as time passed I lost a lot of energy and just couldn't be asked to revise anymore.

I soon realised that I couldn't be bothered to revise or even go to school or even leave my bed at this point. The idea of me failing hurt me so much and I knew that I couldn't even be bothered to actually get some work done and put in the effort. I don't think I'm ready for college again. I just dont want a repeat of what's happened this year. I just don't know what to do at this point...

Dont worry, you first need to free your schedule and make time for revision and studying. Sometimes you may feel like your not but you actually are. This August holiday was a good time to catch up or clear up on revision, go through old notes, look through your mock papers, do a lot of pre learning for the new year. Try pre learning, you can guess what you will learn next lesson and trust me when I say this but knowing before going helps magnificently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending