The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

alio
is it normal to have a stomach ache every night when on antibiotics :confused:

That can be a side effect - kills a the bacteria in the gut, including the good ones
Reply 2
Golden Maverick
That can be a side effect - kills a the bacteria in the gut, including the good ones

you were quick on that one, Golden Maverick!
timeofyourlife
you were quick on that one, Golden Maverick!

Just looked at the right time :smile:
Reply 4
If you're worried, read the leaflet! It will list all the common side effects and tell you whether you should worry. Or go and see your doctor.
Reply 5
Golden Maverick

will it be ok though im only on them for a week lol
alio
is it normal to have a stomach ache every night when on antibiotics :confused:

If the problem is bad, mention it to your GP when you next see him, or make an appointment if you think you need it.
alio
will it be ok though im only on them for a week lol

Yes. I presume they were prescribed in which case you are fine following whatever directions you were given.
Reply 8
Golden Maverick
If the problem is bad, mention it to your GP when you next see him, or make an appointment if you think you need it.

i can cope with it i suppose its just the type you get when you have wind if you know what i mean :redface:
Reply 9
Golden Maverick
Just looked at the right time :smile:

think of the poor gut flora :frown: why does nobody ever think about them and their needs?
Reply 10
I just hate antibiotic...arrrrgh:frown:
Reply 11
I dont think that side effects of anti-biotics are long term. I have them all the time, even for flu. Nothing else works on me.
timeofyourlife
think of the poor gut flora :frown: why does nobody ever think about them and their needs?

Yakult does! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Munna
I dont think that side effects of anti-biotics are long term. I have them all the time, even for flu. Nothing else works on me.

obviously your doctor cares greatly about antibiotic resistance..!
Reply 14
Golden Maverick
Yakult does! :biggrin:

oh, it's all placebo (!)
timeofyourlife
obviously your doctor cares greatly about antibiotic resistance..!

And has misconceptions of the antiviral effectiveness of antibiotics
Reply 16
eat natural yoghurt when you take antibiotics to settle your stomach. makes you feel less queazy.
Reply 17
Golden Maverick

if you look at the recommendations for amoxycillin (and variants) prescription, it says that antibiotics shouldn't even be prescribed for bacterial chest infections if the person was previously fit, had no other med. conditions and was under a certain age.

some 'epidemiological' study showed that antibiotics were of no benefit compared to a control and so it annoys me when doctors just write out their prescriptions before your bum has touched the consulting room chair!
Reply 18
Golden Maverick

Yea maybe! But i live in Pakistan. Most doctors here prescribe anti-biotics. I have been having them since i was 14. :eek:
timeofyourlife
if you look at the recommendations for amoxycillin (and variants) prescription, it says that antibiotics shouldn't even be prescribed for bacterial chest infections if the person was previously fit, had no other med. conditions and was under a certain age.

some 'epidemiological' study showed that antibiotics were of no benefit compared to a control and so it annoys me when doctors just write out their prescriptions before your bum has touched the consulting room chair!

It is possible this person does not live in the uk. Do you Munna?
In France they are avaliable over the counter and widely used/abused.
I'm surprised about not perscribing anticiotics for a chest infection. I can't imagine telling someone, "Yes you have a chest infection, just take a few days off and stay at home and you should get better." It can have nasty symptoms.

EDIT: Pakistan, see above

Latest

Trending

Trending