The Student Room Group

Any previous Engineering Foundation students?

Is there anyone on here who has done an Engineering Foundation year on a degree? Specifically at Northumbria Uni if possible, but it isn't necessarily exclusive to that uni.
I'm due to start next month and hoping to get a rough idea of the timetable I can expect. Not specifics, just number of days I can expect to be in the University etc.
Information is needed so I can tell my work which days I'll be dropping and when I phoned the uni they said they can't say until induction week.
It'll probably vary widely between universities; at Southampton the engineering FY was 5 days a week iirc, while the science FY was 3 days a week (mon, tues, thurs at the time). Additionally timetables can change year on year so, I don't think you'll be able to really know until your induction week.
Original post by artful_lounger
It'll probably vary widely between universities; at Southampton the engineering FY was 5 days a week iirc, while the science FY was 3 days a week (mon, tues, thurs at the time). Additionally timetables can change year on year so, I don't think you'll be able to really know until your induction week.

Thanks for this information - with Southampton can you remember if it was 5 full days or a mixture of 2 full days and 3 mornings?
Original post by EngineeringOr
Thanks for this information - with Southampton can you remember if it was 5 full days or a mixture of 2 full days and 3 mornings?

At the timet he course leader indicated it was 9-5 except Wednesdays which were a half day, I believe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending