MA Social Work Degree- what are placements and funding like? Watch

S6072358
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello

I am due to start my MA Social work Degree full time in January 2020 and understand that there is 2 placements required for the course (June-September) does anyone know if the placements are full time as well (Monday- Friday) so I can get an understanding of hours I’ll have to work to earn money...

Also, I understand there is a NHS bursary for Social Work but is there any other scholarships or bursaries you can apply for. The standard government loan doesn’t cover tuition fees...

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks
henleykt
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So firstly you cannot receive a postgrad loan (government funding) alongside the nhs bursary (its one or the other)

Each university is only given a certain number of nhs social work bursaries (which is less than the number of students they give offers to) so unlike in previous years, a social work bursary is not guaranteed for every student.

each university has their own set of bursaries and scholarships available so you will need to check with the unis you apply to. However unis seem to focus one undergrad scholarships/bursaries and don't have many for postgrads.

Placements vary from uni to uni. If you email and ask they should be able to tell you. However as an example: im doing an ma social work and my uni does placements; year1 term2 placements are wed-fri and year2 terms1&2 tue-fri.

Hope some of that helps!
S6072358
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
That’s great thank you so much!
I know I’m going to apply for the NHS bursary October and then if I don’t get it I’ll have to apply for the government funding :-)!

Thank you x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University