Need answer to few related questions - Accounting and finance course Watch

AQAsucks66
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hiya guys, can someone explain this a little to me. So basically i am going to be going to Uni to study an Accounting and Finance course which will take up to 4 years because i want to do the placement with it, once this degree is complete do i have to sit more exams in order to qualify and become a professional chartered accountant or not? Like can't i just try getting into a trainee chartered job for some firm and advance in it in order to become a CPA? Also, how do the whole idea of purchasing your own accountants firm work, if that makes sense, because i know someone who's dad has his own private office and has now explored and opened another huge one near city centre? What does this mean and how's this possible? Will someone kindly break all this down please...
Ryanwilks96
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AQAsucks66)
Hiya guys, can someone explain this a little to me. So basically i am going to be going to Uni to study an Accounting and Finance course which will take up to 4 years because i want to do the placement with it, once this degree is complete do i have to sit more exams in order to qualify and become a professional chartered accountant or not? Like can't i just try getting into a trainee chartered job for some firm and advance in it in order to become a CPA? Also, how do the whole idea of purchasing your own accountants firm work, if that makes sense, because i know someone who's dad has his own private office and has now explored and opened another huge one near city centre? What does this mean and how's this possible? Will someone kindly break all this down please...
Are you from the US or UK?

To become an accountant with a certification there are extra exams to do. It depends on which certification you go for. I am in the UK so can advise on that. CPA is the US equivalent but not something commonly (or at all from my research) done in the UK.

If you want more info about UK routes, let me know.
AQAsucks66
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Ryanwilks96)
Are you from the US or UK?

To become an accountant with a certification there are extra exams to do. It depends on which certification you go for. I am in the UK so can advise on that. CPA is the US equivalent but not something commonly (or at all from my research) done in the UK.

If you want more info about UK routes, let me know.
Ahhh soryy bro im actually from the UK when i wrote CPA, i had just done poor research and in fact meant chartered accountant and how to become one and steps i may need to take after studying an accounting and finance degree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (187)
23.94%
Pop (191)
24.46%
Jazz (30)
3.84%
Classical (46)
5.89%
Hip-Hop (147)
18.82%