He told me he wants to marry me on second date

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Met this guy through a matrimonial website. He’s quite good looking, intelligent, has a good career and comes from a good family. They are wealthy and quite well known. Anyway on the second date he told me he’s sure he wants to marry me.

Is this creepy?
Ellie_iris
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That’s definitely creepy, was there any lead up to it like a conversation about marriage or was it just out of the blue?
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
as a joke i’d probably say that
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Given how you met it's not so surprising. It's clear he's looking for a wife.
Amon-ster
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Keyword MATRIMONIAL
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
It’s a matrimonial website so he’s definitely looking for someone to marry. I don’t think it’s that creepy but it depends how long you have known him for and have been talking for as well
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
matrimonial website, so maybe less spooky? but would set off alarm bells for me
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Run while you can
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Met this guy through a matrimonial website. He’s quite good looking, intelligent, has a good career and comes from a good family. They are wealthy and quite well known. Anyway on the second date he told me he’s sure he wants to marry me.

Is this creepy?
He doesnt know you.
It takes seconds to say that and seconds to take it away.
I would question his sense of judgement if you say to a stranger you want to spend the rest of your life with them after two dates.
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sounds very normal and very advisable to marry that
Beasty990
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's a matrimonial website, what do you expect?
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Is this creepy?
Okay, everyone’s going to jump in saying yes, but I’m gunna say no. Different cultures and religions have different ideas about the length of dating, and they did meet through a matrimonial website. Did you talk about marriage earlier on in other dates?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.67%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (31)
15.9%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (33)
16.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (29)
14.87%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (53)
27.18%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (36)
18.46%

Watched Threads