I'm bready! Toastie's Year 13 gyg Watch

Strelzo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Toastiekid)
no worries:hugs: good luck with your highers!
Thanks. Good luck with your subjects also. :thumbsup:
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
:lovehug: uhhh not today but i'll update soon...(currently feeling ill again which is gross)
oh no
ahhh still avoiding it
oh no :console: hope it goes soon...
it's okay i can see plenty of snaps on sc :yes:
:lol: don't drag it out for too long :nah:
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
:gah:
i know:woo:, how are you finding maths?
Love maths :gah:
Normal maths has just been gcse recap so far but fm has been so interesting!! :gah:
Hope you’re feeling a bit better today :hugs:
Toastiekid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Thanks. It was super annoying trying to get through on the line and get things sorted. I hope they don't come too early but not too late as I have to pop to Ryman's to collect my rice cooker that I ordered from Robert Dyas lol.
rice:gah:
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
oh no :console: hope it goes soon...
it's okay i can see plenty of snaps on sc :yes:
:lol: don't drag it out for too long :nah:
me too
:woo:
uhhh i'll do it soon
(Original post by laurawatt)
Love maths :gah:
Normal maths has just been gcse recap so far but fm has been so interesting!! :gah:
Hope you’re feeling a bit better today :hugs:
YAY!:party:
not really ugh:hugs:
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
rice:gah:
Yh rice 🍚 😂😂😂 The alternative is probably pasta 🍝 24/7 if you can’t cook.

Spoiler:
Show
I can cook alright and wanted to be self-catered but got offered catered accommodation lol. 🙃
username4939020
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Tag me please
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Yh rice 🍚 😂😂😂 The alternative is probably pasta 🍝 24/7 if you can’t cook.

Spoiler:
Show
I can cook alright and wanted to be self-catered but got offered catered accommodation lol. 🙃
pasta is tasty too:woo:
oh no if i go to uni i definitely want self catered:yep:
(Original post by noahhh)
Tag me please
will do!
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
days 6, 7 and 8

day 6 (weds)
wednesday started with double core:woo:, we looked at odd and even functions (which i sort of thought my teacher had made up but turns out they are a real thing:laugh:) and notation. this meant we did like translations of sentences written in maths notation into language we could understand which was really cool, i felt like a spy:gah:
then i had a free in which i stared into space, did some physics homework then stared into space some more:facepalm: (productive, who???)
after my free was physics in which we did some more stuff on gravitational fields and equipotentials...it was basically the same stuff we'd learnt the day before with the other teacher on electric fields as he kept using gravitational fields analogies to explain electric fields:dontknow:
after lunch i had another free (wow, more frees in one day than i had most of last year:laugh:). this was a great free; i did almost all of my stats homework:woo: (okay, it was an easy one recap-ing year 12 content but...i still did it)
finally i had sums and integrals, it was a problem solving session...the problems were very difficult i only completed one on the (rather large) sheet
day 7 (thurs)
my day began with economics, we did some stuff on brexit and the EU and yeah. i was (and still am) feeling pretty gross and am highkey a bit worried that the glandular fever never left me and i'm ill with it again hopefully it's just a normal cold but agh, i'm really paranoid now.
then i had physics, in which we finally finished all the gravitational fields stuff. i think i get it all now:woo:
mechanics was after break, we looked at couples and did lots of questions on them.
then i had a free which i can't remember doing any work in:dontknow: i'm pretty sure i just chatted to friends for most of it...
in the afternoon we had ucas meetings with our form tutors to discuss our options. idiot over here decided to fill in 'i'm not sure' for my insurance choice on the survey we filled in before the meeting so i ended up with two teachers in my appointment:facepalm: i wouldn't say my appointment was great- i was feeling ill when i did it- and we discussed my options and came to the conclusion that i need a good insurance i like *whispers* and then i told them i didn't like any of my options or anywhere i'd visited... so i got a talk about how i'd be supported with whatever decision i make blah blah blah i can't remember the rest but whoops i messed up in it
afterschool i got doughnuts with my friends then watched grey's anatomy with my sister:hugs:
day 8 (fri)
woke up today feeling even worse than yesterday
i had double physics this morning, we began materials and did some cool practicals (not pags thank goodness) in which we basically destroyed lots of different things; we crushed biscuits with weights, melted wires (not sure if that was what we were supposed to do but it happened:lol:), snapped other wires and dented things. it was great fun
after break i had double core, we did curve sketching and inequalities except these curves weren't rational curves, they were super ugly:sadnod: like there were e s and sin(x)s and it was disgusting.
at lunch i had some cake because it was someone's birthday:rave:
after lunch i had sport, not really sure how i survived it because i was coughing and sneezing every five minutes but i did make it through the hour:party:
now i'm at home and moping because i feel rubbish

the weekend
i have so much homework to do before monday:ahhhhh: so i'm praying i feel better tomorrow/sunday. if not then agh, that's an issue for future toastie to face...:eek:
i was supposed to be going to my friend's house tomorrow but she lives really far so i've had to tell her i can't come because i don't think the journey is going to help me feel better and i was supposed to have tennis this evening but everyone at school has been like no toastie, you are not allowed to go to tennis. too sick. so i'm not there, i'm in bed
i'm also going to a concert on saturday evening in london which should be cool:rock: hopefully i'll be able to stay awake for it, i've been going to bed soo early this week.
but the ultimate weekend plan is to rest so i'm all good for school on monday:yes:

apologies for my feverish rambles,
toastie
13/09/2019

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
X
(Original post by PilboBaggins)
X
(Original post by _Mia101)
X
X
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
X
(Original post by MidnightSymphony)
X
(Original post by Sinnoh)
X
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
X
(Original post by troubletracking)
X
(Original post by clouddbubbles)
X
(Original post by stalkingsilence)
X
(Original post by nyxnko_)
X
(Original post by keep_drowning)
X
(Original post by euphrosynay)
X
(Original post by Protostar)
X
(Original post by SilentSolitaire)
X
(Original post by noahhh)
X
SilentSolitaire
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Ah, get rest and hope you feel better soon! (also can totally relate on the randomly staring into space in frees thing...)
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
(Original post by SilentSolitaire)
Ah, get rest and hope you feel better soon! (also can totally relate on the randomly staring into space in frees thing...)
Thank you:hugs:
I know, some days I just don’t want to work in my frees so staring into space is a 10/10 option:laugh:
MidnightSymphony
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Oh God get better soon! Yes, I agree, no doing sports, I hope you're ok for the concert!

What exam board are you on again? Despite the fact I do maths and physics, the stuff you're doing (especially that whole translation of sentences stuff) sounds so far removed from what I'm doing rn so I'm just intrigued

I'm glad I don't have to have UCAS meetings I couldn't cope
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Get well soon! My sibling is also ill with a nasty sore throat but fortunately I'm alright. Just need to hope and pray that I don't get the freshers flu when I move up to York in 2 weeks.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Well done for getting through the week when you weren’t feeling well :hugs:
YAY!:party:
not really ugh:hugs:
:console:
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hope you feel better soon :console:
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
(Original post by MidnightSymphony)
Oh God get better soon! Yes, I agree, no doing sports, I hope you're ok for the concert!

What exam board are you on again? Despite the fact I do maths and physics, the stuff you're doing (especially that whole translation of sentences stuff) sounds so far removed from what I'm doing rn so I'm just intrigued

I'm glad I don't have to have UCAS meetings I couldn't cope
thank you:hugs: me too, but i'll miss it if i'm still feeling rubbish tomorrow:dontknow:
i'm on mei but my school is a bit weird so they teach us lots of off curriculum stuff to prepare us for uni
Get well soon! My sibling is also ill with a nasty sore throat but fortunately I'm alright. Just need to hope and pray that I don't get the freshers flu when I move up to York in 2 weeks.
lucky you
look forward to hearing all about York
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obolinda)
:lovehug:
Well done for getting through the week when you weren’t feeling well :hugs:

:console:
:grouphugs:
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
Hope you feel better soon :console:
thank you:heart:
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hope you get better in time for Muse! They've finally added The Void to the setlists it seems :eyeball:
If you want to improve your curve sketching, mess around on Desmos or GeoGebra. That probably saved me at my uni interview
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
get well soon toastie:hugs: don't think i could've coped with learning all that content if i was ill!
hope the muse concert is amazing :awesome:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (201)
67.22%
No (98)
32.78%

Watched Threads