The Student Room Group

Civil Services AO HMRC Reserve List

Dear Friends,
I have applied for AO job at HMRC customer services consultant based in Croydon passed online test when for an interview in mid July got an email on 28th August stating that I have passed in interview but been placed on reserve list I scored 6-6-4. Will appreciate your feedback what are the chances for hearing anything in next three month as been informed that I am on reserve list for next three months. Does anyone else had same experience. I know they have advertised 50 places for Croydon. Will highly appreciate your experience and thoughts about the situation.
Reply 1
Original post by MALI112
Dear Friends,
I have applied for AO job at HMRC customer services consultant based in Croydon passed online test when for an interview in mid July got an email on 28th August stating that I have passed in interview but been placed on reserve list I scored 6-6-4. Will appreciate your feedback what are the chances for hearing anything in next three month as been informed that I am on reserve list for next three months. Does anyone else had same experience. I know they have advertised 50 places for Croydon. Will highly appreciate your experience and thoughts about the situation.

I’m in the same boat as you, I also received the email on the 28th saying i’ve been put on the reserve list, my scores after the interview was 5-6-6, hopefully we won’t have to wait too long. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us :-)
Reply 2
Original post by Jrla
I’m in the same boat as you, I also received the email on the 28th saying i’ve been put on the reserve list, my scores after the interview was 5-6-6, hopefully we won’t have to wait too long. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us :-)

Well done on your score I had email them yesterday and got the following reply.
Thank you for your email.

Due to the size of the recruitment campaign we are unable to provide individual feedback or confirm your position on the merit/reserve list. Please note all job offers will be issued in strict merit order based upon your interview scores.

If we are in a position to make you an offer in the future we will contact you through your Civil Service job account.

Regards
Reply 3
Original post by MALI112
Well done on your score I had email them yesterday and got the following reply.
Thank you for your email.

Due to the size of the recruitment campaign we are unable to provide individual feedback or confirm your position on the merit/reserve list. Please note all job offers will be issued in strict merit order based upon your interview scores.

If we are in a position to make you an offer in the future we will contact you through your Civil Service job account.

Regards

I think we might have to wait couple weeks or a month before we hear anything, I was searching online about being on the reserve list and it seems like most people got job offers from being placed on it so I think we might stand a chance of getting a job in the end, the process is just a bit long I guess.
Reply 4
Original post by Jrla
I think we might have to wait couple weeks or a month before we hear anything, I was searching online about being on the reserve list and it seems like most people got job offers from being placed on it so I think we might stand a chance of getting a job in the end, the process is just a bit long I guess.

Hi,

I'm just wondering whether anything came of you being in the reserve list? I've been placed myself (for a completely separate role) and wondering what your experience was and whether its even worth holding by breath that anything will come of it.

Thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by ShahRash
Hi,

I'm just wondering whether anything came of you being in the reserve list? I've been placed myself (for a completely separate role) and wondering what your experience was and whether its even worth holding by breath that anything will come of it.

Thanks!

I was on the reserve list for about 6 months, the wait was long but I guess it paid off in the end. To be fair I haven’t seen anyone being on the reserve list without being offered a position, but you should know you could be waiting up to a year.
Good luck and I hope I was somewhat helpful.
How long have you been waiting so far?
Reply 6
Only since yesterday haha!

I was just curious about the likelihood that being on the reserve list could lead to something or if its basically a fluffed up declinature for all intents and purposes. Good to see in your experience that it actually lead to something.

As for myself, my scores weren't amazing (5-5-5-4 / 19 out of 28) so i'm not going to hold out too much hope. Thankfully I already have a job so so I'm not in such a desperate position that I need a new job asap and I can afford to be patient in case something does happen.

Thank you though, you've been really helpful!
Reply 7
Original post by ShahRash
Only since yesterday haha!

I was just curious about the likelihood that being on the reserve list could lead to something or if its basically a fluffed up declinature for all intents and purposes. Good to see in your experience that it actually lead to something.

As for myself, my scores weren't amazing (5-5-5-4 / 19 out of 28) so i'm not going to hold out too much hope. Thankfully I already have a job so so I'm not in such a desperate position that I need a new job asap and I can afford to be patient in case something does happen.

Thank you though, you've been really helpful!

Once you’ve passed the interview that means you still have a chance of being offered a position, it’s a crazy time now because they have practically frozen the recruitment process so you might not hear back from that quickly, once things are back up and running i’m sure you’ll hear back from them.
Congratulations for even getting this far, and let me know how it goes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending