The Student Room Group

Can you withdraw from degree after enrolling?

Enrolled in MA but not sure if it's really for me, can I withdraw, the course doesn't start until a few weeks yet.
Reply 1
Speak to the university about it. They should be able to talk it through with you.
Original post by Anonymous
Enrolled in MA but not sure if it's really for me, can I withdraw, the course doesn't start until a few weeks yet.

Yes, but you are likely to be charged a fee.
You also have your accommodation to cancel.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger

How much is the fee and who does it go to? The uni? I didn't use UCAS, I applied directly to the uni for free and I didn't apply for accommodation, if I don't withdraw then I'll be living at home and commuting to uni
Original post by 999tigger

Lmao what fee, you just need to withdraw your application from the university and call them too to give them a heads up. There’s no fees for this, this is normally on ucas tho idk what it’s like in other ways

EDIT: ok nvm on ucas my withdraw button has disappeared so my only way is to contact the uni and cancel it like that. Maybe there’s a charge for that, I hope not.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Alayna1234
Lmao what fee, you just need to withdraw your application from the university and call them too to give them a heads up. There’s no fees for this, this is normally on ucas tho idk what it’s like in other ways

EDIT: ok nvm on ucas my withdraw button has disappeared so my only way is to contact the uni and cancel it like that. Maybe there’s a charge for that, I hope not.

There isn't a charge, I withdrew my UCAS application years ago, there was no fee and I applied for a refund which I received the same week
Original post by s817
There isn't a charge, I withdrew my UCAS application years ago, there was no fee and I applied for a refund which I received the same week

Did u withdraw by calling the uni??? Cos that’s my only option now.
Reply 7
Did u withdraw by calling the uni??? Cos that’s my only option now.

No the option was there on UCAS, I didn't have to contact the uni. You can call UCAS and tell them you want to withdraw your application but the option isn't there and they can help.
Original post by s817
No the option was there on UCAS, I didn't have to contact the uni. You can call UCAS and tell them you want to withdraw your application but the option isn't there and they can help.

Yeah the option button is gone. I can’t really contact any of them cos it’s the weekend but I will contact ucas as well as my uni
Reply 9
Yeah the option button is gone. I can’t really contact any of them cos it’s the weekend but I will contact ucas as well as my uni

Ok call on Monday morning when they aren't likely to be busy
(edited 4 years ago)
Normally there's no charge as long as you withdraw within 14 days of the start of the course.....phone your uni on Monday for the best advice
Original post by harrysbar
Normally there's no charge as long as you withdraw within 14 days of the start of the course.....phone your uni on Monday for the best advice

I've already sent them a message online that I'm thinking about withdrawing. They should reply on Monday so I'll wait to see what they say.
Original post by Anonymous
I've already sent them a message online that I'm thinking about withdrawing. They should reply on Monday so I'll wait to see what they say.

Don't let them talk you into staying..😂
Original post by s817
Ok call on Monday morning when they aren't likely to be busy

Yh ofc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending