Broken Leg Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi guys, I broke my leg last year at the start of school playing for my school in sports. I subsequently missed a month of school since I was bed bound ( as per instructions from my doctor ). I know this affected my year in general especially since I found it so difficult to catch up on my A levels and as a result I was a mark off an A in my AS exam I took in the same year. Would it be plausible to reference my accident in my UCAS application as a contributing factor to my B in my AS?
umbrellala
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi guys, I broke my leg last year at the start of school playing for my school in sports. I subsequently missed a month of school since I was bed bound ( as per instructions from my doctor ). I know this affected my year in general especially since I found it so difficult to catch up on my A levels and as a result I was a mark off an A in my AS exam I took in the same year. Would it be plausible to reference my accident in my UCAS application as a contributing factor to my B in my AS?
Are you suggesting putting it in your personal statement? If it wasn't listed as an official mitigating circumstance and verified by the exam board then I can't see where else you would put it into your application or if it would even be considered
Anonymous #1
(Original post by umbrellala)
Are you suggesting putting it in your personal statement? If it wasn't listed as an official mitigating circumstance and verified by the exam board then I can't see where else you would put it into your application or if it would even be considered
Personal statement. Is that bad or not?
Anonymous #1
I’ve got a note from the doctor..... I have enough proof to actually prove my fracture so that won’t be a problem. My question is would it be worth mentioning on my personal statement??
umbrellala
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve got a note from the doctor..... I have enough proof to actually prove my fracture so that won’t be a problem. My question is would it be worth mentioning on my personal statement??
I wouldn’t put it in your personal statement, it sounds like you’re just making excuses for yourself. If you submitted your doctors notes to the exam board at the time and had it approved then there will be something attached to your exam results to explain and/or the grades would’ve been adjusted to compensate. If not, there’s not much you can do about it now. Putting it in your PS will be a waste of word count, you should focus on making it as impressive as you can rather than putting stuff about your accident in there, the admissions officers won’t pay it much attention if it’s not verified by the exam board
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I wouldn’t put it in your personal statement, it sounds like you’re just making excuses for yourself. If you submitted your doctors notes to the exam board at the time and had it approved then there will be something attached to your exam results to explain and/or the grades would’ve been adjusted to compensate. If not, there’s not much you can do about it now. Putting it in your PS will be a waste of word count, you should focus on making it as impressive as you can rather than putting stuff about your accident in there, the admissions officers won’t pay it much attention if it’s not verified by the exam board
What about academic reference from my tutor?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
10%
Disagree (2)
10%
Neither agree or disagree (6)
30%
Agree (6)
30%
Strongly Agree (4)
20%

Watched Threads

Latest