Reply 3
Ok, it was better than nothing. Thanks. :biggrin:
:cool:
Why not
(a) go to a propper public school
(b) go to a Grammar school
?
Reply 5
Wellington College, as in Wellington College of Niw Zulund?
If in NZ I retract my comment
Reply 7
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

a. Why not go to a proper public school?
I already go to a public school (not Wellington), and Wellington is a public school anyway...Seemingly a rather damn posh one too...Is Wellington not a proper public school? What's wrong with it? I'm curious, I'd like to know. Is it bad?

b. Why not go to a grammar school?
I'm considering that too.

I'm just trying to find out opinions of the school so I can figure out whether or not I should go there.
Reply 8
Penthesilia
Wellington College, as in Wellington College of Niw Zulund?

No, Wellington College of Berkshire, England
Reply 9
No Future
No, Wellington College of Berkshire, England

:eek: i live in Berkshire... and i've never heard of it... unless it's the one by Douai.... *gets out the map*
Reply 10
Lmao - must be a great school then!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

http://www.wellington-college.berks.sch.uk/
Reply 11
looks good, go there
Reply 12
Thanks for your opinion.

I think I'd like to, if:
1. I can get in (with a scholarship :eek: :frown: - I think I messed up the exams)
2. My parents can afford it (not sure about this)
I've never heard of it. I am not an expert on Public Schools - but I've heard of quite a few. For academia, it seems that Westminster is best. You may like to consider it?
If you are happy with a Grammar - i.e. do not need to board or have no attachment (through family etc.) to a public school then a Grammar might be what you are after.
From that website, they are no saying they are a mighty academic force are they - you would be better of at a Grammar or another Public school -not that place
Reply 15
Is Westminister boys, girls or coed?
Boarding/day?

Ok thanks for your advice.

Yes, it's true Wellington is not extremely academic, but is pretty good.
IIRC Westmister is Boys.
They do both baording and day.
All that I am saying is that if you want to go private and can afford it I would go somewhere better than that. I mean I went to a Grammar and 95% of my year went on to do degrees - it was free as well.
Reply 17
Yeah, I've been thinking of a grammar school b/c of the free part...
I'm a girl though, so I couldn't go to Westminster, unless they take girls for 6th form?
My parents are not particuarly wealthy so the only way I could go to one of the really expensive pirvate schools is w/scholarship..
You have a good point - if they're paying so much then I should go for the best...
I do not know that must about Westminter- they will have a website that explains it all.
However, I'm sure it will be mor expensive than the wellington place. I don't think that place is woth it. If the grammars are good go to one of them.
Wellington are usually good at rugby.

Latest

Trending

Trending