Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Decided to go to Essex last minute so missed the guaranteed accomodation deadline. Is anyone else in the same boat? Really stressed lol
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Decided to go to Essex last minute so missed the guaranteed accomodation deadline. Is anyone else in the same boat? Really stressed lol
I am a returning student (going to Yr2) and decided to commute from home but changed my mind and joined the accommodation waiting list 2 days ago. I dont know if/when I will be offered accommodation. Would be good to know if there is anyone that was in the same situation last year - if they got accommodation and how long it took for an offer to come.

I think you will have priority as a first year student even if you missed the accommodation deadline. Good luck
Anonymous #1
I am a returning student (going to Yr2) and decided to commute from home but changed my mind and joined the accommodation waiting list 2 days ago. I dont know if/when I will be offered accommodation. Would be good to know if there is anyone that was in the same situation last year - if they got accommodation and how long it took for an offer to come.

I think you will have priority as a first year student even if you missed the accommodation deadline. Good luck
Hi did you end up getting accomodation?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Hi did you end up getting accomodation?
Nope. Still waiting. You?
Anonymous #1
I ended up getting accomodation. But it's temporary and a twin room :/ so kind of nervous but called them up and they said it's only for 3 weeks and I'll be allocated to a different accomodation. Apparently there's a chance I'll be sorted to diff accomodation after 2-3 days of staying in the twin room, so hopefully that's the case! Have you applied for private accomodation or?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I haven't applied for private accommodation. I will commute until they offer me a room on campus. I've received an email letting me know that allocation of rooms to returning students won't happen until all new students have been housed. They also say it is very unlikely that I will receive an offer before the starting of the new term. So I think they will surely change your twin room for a individual room before they start offering rooms to returning students.
I wouldn't worry if I were you. I'm sure you will be allocated a proper room soon :-) .
I am not desperate as I can commute and I think is going to take a while until spare rooms are allocated to returning students. Good luck
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Thanks, yeah I'm hoping I'll be allocated a single room soon, will speak to accomodation tomorrow. Did you end up getting accomodation or will you have to wait till next term?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I haven't applied for private accommodation. I will commute until they offer me a room on campus. I've received an email letting me know that allocation of rooms to returning students won't happen until all new students have been housed. They also say it is very unlikely that I will receive an offer before the starting of the new term. So I think they will surely change your twin room for a individual room before they start offering rooms to returning students.
I wouldn't worry if I were you. I'm sure you will be allocated a proper room soon :-) .
I am not desperate as I can commute and I think is going to take a while until spare rooms are allocated to returning students. Good luck
Also, thank you! Good luck to you too hopefully we both get accomodation haha
ISANATI
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Did you receive any feedback?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Essex
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed