The Student Room Group

'Don't want to do or say anything else that's going to be completely moronic'-Y12 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jemima0103
Globalisation was really interesting. I enjoy human geography a lot more than physical geography because I find that I remember it better and that it links in more to everyday life.

That’s a relief!
I like human geography a lot more too :yes:
Monday 27th January 2020

So first day of the week and already I've got loads to do. I spent this afternoon finishing of my two history essays for tomorrow, which I really should have done at the weekend. I also caught up on the maths work that I missed last week when I was at the doctors.

P1 & P2 Geography
We built up case studies for three different earthquake events, Northridge (1994), Sachuan (2008), and Haiti (2010). We also compared impacts based on levels of development and looked at the different factors that affect the impacts

P3 Maths
We're back on Mechanics now and we were answering questions based on vectors and newtons laws. It's a little bit difficult for me and Mechanics is definitely something that I need to work on

P4 & P5
I had free periods the rest of the day so I went home and worked on my essays

@cloudbubbles
@streetdude288
@BChemGee
@Year11student
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@Greywolftwo
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
@LucyOr15
@mpaprika
@casabonita
@hope2002
@emilynxlan
Good luck for all the essays! :dance:
31/01/2020
So, last day of the week, and it feels like it's lasted so long. I've sent some emails for work experience but I haven't had any replies yet, and I've volunteered to help with a cake sale at my school for number day.
Geography
We did more work on gentrification, and compared the development of the town we live in as well as the city of Lincoln which is the nearest city to us. Our human geography teacher is going on maternity leave soon, so we'll have a new teacher but that should all be fine. In physical geography, we've been continuing with impacts and management of hazards, as well as looking at cost-benefit analysis. We have homework to plan, but not answer an exam question.
History
In Russia history, we have learnt about Rasputin, and how he influenced Russia. We had to make leaflets about him for homework. Today, we were looking at the economic changes in Russia from 1894 onward, and comparing it to the economic changes made from 1855 to 1894. We also have a research homework, where everyone in my class has been assigned a person and we have to research and report back to the class on Tuesday. I have Pyotr Stolypin.
In Wars of The Roses, we have done work on how effective Edward VI was as king as well as Warwick and Clarence's betrayal.
We didn't get given back any of our essay's yet which was a bit annoying, but I know that we're definitely getting our wars of the roses ones back on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Maths
So the mechanics work we're doing is getting quite difficult, so I'm going to go over some of it this weekend. I also have quite a bit of maths homework to do. In pure maths, I just got my latest assessment back, and I got an A, so i'm really happy. We've been doing work on trigonometry recently which hasn't been to bad because I've picked up any new content quite quickly.
In General
I went to the doctors last week and we've decided to start weaning me off my fluoxetine, which is good but scary at the same time. It's been about a week, and although I've been feeling a bit tense, It's nothing major, and is more to do with all the negative stuff that's been in the media recently. Hopefully I can just cope through it.
I hope you all had a good week and that you all have a good weekend xx

@cloudbubbles
@streetdude288
@BChemGee
@Year11student
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@Greywolftwo
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
@LucyOr15
@mpaprika
@casabonita
@hope2002
@emilynxlan
:hugs: I hope that weaning yourself of the med continues not bring too bad. :redface:
well done for your maths assessment!
hope you have a great week :hugs:
the city of Lincoln which is the nearest city to us.

:five:
Hey Guys, It's been another long break since my last update. This terms been short but has felt like a long one, and i'm so glad that it's finally half term and i can properly relax. I still haven't had much luck in terms of work experience. I sent some emails but only had one reply so far and they said I was too young. Thankfully I haven't had much homework set so I can actually rest. At the end of April we have mocks so I will need to start preparing soon.
Geography:
Things are going good, we're going on two field trips next term, one for physical geography and one for human. The content we're covering at the moment is really enjoyable so I'm not finding it too difficult.
History:
My essays are still averaging at about a C which is alright and I'm hoping I can push it to a B by the mocks. We've nearly finished all the year 12 content and then we're going on to our NEA's for the rest of the year until summer.
Maths:
Going good. My assessment grades are all really good. We did an assessment on friday in pure, on differentiation and trigonometry. I think it went quite well, with the exception for one question/

@cloudbubbles
@streetdude288
@BChemGee
@Year11student
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@Greywolftwo
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
@LucyOr15
@mpaprika
@casabonita
@hope2002
@emilynxlan
Sorry for the late reply, hopefully you’ll be able to find some work experience soon! :hugs:
So things are crazy right now I think everyone can agree
This will just be a brief overview sooooo......
Maths, Geography and History are all going quite well. We're supposed to have exams in a few weeks but no one at my school is really sure what is going on. At least we have been given work to do if the school closes suddenly and know what else we can be doing. Hopefully they will be able to give us more information soon.
I decided to take a bit of a break from TSR while I was weaning off my meds, but now I've come off them and currently I'm doing quite well. At the moment I'm just trying to make sure I don't let all this virus uncertainty get on top of me.
I hope you are all well xx

@cloudbubbles
@streetdude288
@BChemGee
@Year11student
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@Greywolftwo
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
@LucyOr15
@mpaprika
@casabonita
@hope2002
@emilynxlan
Emergency update
So School's are closing on Friday as was said in tonight's broadcast.
It's quite stressful not knowing how long it will be for or what's actually going to happen, but I'm doing as good as I can right now. Obviously my situation isn't as stressful as people who should be doing A Levels or GCSE's this year, and I hope you get some information soon.
Thankfully I have work that I can do for all my subjects and basically all of my year 12 content has been covered. The main worry for me is my NEA's for history and geography which we're meant to be doing now we've finished the 1st year content.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk xx

@cloudbubbles
@streetdude288
@BChemGee
@Year11student
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@Greywolftwo
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
@LucyOr15
@mpaprika
@casabonita
@hope2002
@emilynxlan
hey my as exams got cancelled, not sure what'll happen now, or if I'll have to do them in September along with my uni application :/
:hugs:
Is it weird that all of this happening in my GCSE year is quite thrilling? don't mind me, I'm just weird.
Original post by Obolinda
Is it weird that all of this happening in my GCSE year is quite thrilling? don't mind me, I'm just weird.

I kinda get what u mean lol but also I'm annoyed because my year seems to get the worst of everything at my school and now this :frown:
Original post by RyanC_
I kinda get what u mean lol but also I'm annoyed because my year seems to get the worst of everything at my school and now this :frown:

:redface:
Original post by mpaprika
hey my as exams got cancelled, not sure what'll happen now, or if I'll have to do them in September along with my uni application :/

All I had this year was mocks but it's still stressful. I don't really want to continue into next year without having done a proper exam. I'm also slightly concerned about uni applications. We can't exactly visit. I hope as time goes on things become more clear
Original post by Obolinda

I get what you mean. I used to watch Waterloo Road and it was probably one of the most dramatic schools ever. I used to wish that something thrilling and crazy would happen
od.png
ABOUT ME:

NAME

Spoiler

STUDY LEVEL:

Spoiler

MY GCSE GRADES:

Spoiler

MY A LEVEL SUBJECTS:

Spoiler

Future ambitions:

Spoiler

Hobbies:

Spoiler

I know this has dragged on but hopefully we can all have a good year
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tag List

Spoiler

Your last comment on having a good year seems a bit out of place now 😐
The thing that annoys me is the fact that year 12 is supposed to be the year that you build up your personal statement and cv. Do work experience, go to uni open days, go to careers fairs and uni masterclasses but now all that has been cancelled. As well as end of year mocks that are used for uni applications.
Original post by Greywolftwo
Your last comment on having a good year seems a bit out of place now 😐

I cursed myself :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending