The Student Room Group

A-level options

Hi, I am currently going into year 12 and I need help on what options to take. I am considering taking 4 subjects which would be psychology, ICT, history and religious studies. However, I may only take 3 and not take RS? Does anyone have any advice on what to take? What is psychology and RE like & will it be too much to take 4 subjects that are very essay based? Thank you in advance☺️
Original post by Katiehannah03
Hi, I am currently going into year 12 and I need help on what options to take. I am considering taking 4 subjects which would be psychology, ICT, history and religious studies. However, I may only take 3 and not take RS? Does anyone have any advice on what to take? What is psychology and RE like & will it be too much to take 4 subjects that are very essay based? Thank you in advance☺️

They seem fine, but it depends what you want to do after A-levels...
Original post by mnot

After a-level my plan is to go to uni and do a nursing degree. I’m aware that my a-level options could be more specific to help with my nursing degree but I’ve spoken to many career advisers and most universities accept psychology a-level as a relevant option which is why I’m considering taking it😁
Original post by mnot

Do you have any advice on religious studies or history as an a-level?
After a-level my plan is to go to uni and do a nursing degree. I’m aware that my a-level options could be more specific to help with my nursing degree but I’ve spoken to many career advisers and most universities accept psychology a-level as a relevant option which is why I’m considering taking it😁

Do you have any advice on religious studies or history as an a-level?

I dont think it makes any real difference, RS is probably considered a 'softer' A-level, but as neither is related to your course it wont matter much, just pick the one you prefer.

Go onto several Universities nursing degree pages and check required A-levels, i dont know much about nursing but i would double check to make sure biology or chemistry is not requirment. If this subject has mandatory prerequisites make sure you take them.
Original post by mnot
I dont think it makes any real difference, RS is probably considered a 'softer' A-level, but as neither is related to your course it wont matter much, just pick the one you prefer.

Go onto several Universities nursing degree pages and check required A-levels, i dont know much about nursing but i would double check to make sure biology or chemistry is not requirment. If this subject has mandatory prerequisites make sure you take them.

Hi, I just checked the general nursing adult course in the uni’s that I am considering going to in a few years and they do not have any mandatory requirements only BBB at a-level. Thank you for the reply☺️

Quick Reply

Latest