Report 5 months ago
wait, you do essays in chemistry :confused:
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Good luck with your job!
Teachers always like to scare people when they start A levels (or indeed year 13), it's meant to shock you into working/making sure you actually want to do the subject but it's not really aimed at people like you, it's aimed at those that don't work
DGeorge13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by clouddbubbles)
yeah a stupid essay for chemistry even my friends doing history haven't got an essay yet grrrr

okay, thank you :gah: I've already got it wrong in the test tho!!
Hi, year 13 here taking biology and chemistry on the same boards. I’ve never had an essay in chemistry and that sounds gross. How long are your lessons what with all those doubles !
My advice to you would be to make sure you keep on top of everything (I know everyone says this but it is insane how quickly it builds up!) . What makes you want to run from chemistry - if you want some reassurance though first year wasn’t too bad although obviously it does take time to adjust to a levels.
Good luck!
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Attachment 847252it was this... with just a set of data and mean. i had no idea what to do :cry2: and yeahhh now I've looked I've defo got it wrong ahhha
Add up all the numbers, and that’s x, xdash is the mean of the data ... I think!

n is the amount of numbers in the data

that’s the equation we got too :lol:
clouddbubbles
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by nyxnko_)
:rofl: i imagine it doesn't have to be very long though
welp, they'll probably go through it one lesson :yes:
it was meant to be 1000 words, but he put it down to 500 *phew!!*

hopefully
clouddbubbles
Rep:
?
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Yassss! You've got this, 4 A-Levels or not. :yep:
:jumphug:
(Original post by _Mia101)
wait, you do essays in chemistry :confused:
honestly that was me when I saw the homework assignment.
we have a bit of an odd teacher haha
(Original post by Lemur14)
Good luck with your job!
Teachers always like to scare people when they start A levels (or indeed year 13), it's meant to shock you into working/making sure you actually want to do the subject but it's not really aimed at people like you, it's aimed at those that don't work
thank you, I guess so :shock: but my class was definitely a very conscientious one!
clouddbubbles
Rep:
?
(Original post by DGeorge13)
Hi, year 13 here taking biology and chemistry on the same boards. I’ve never had an essay in chemistry and that sounds gross. How long are your lessons what with all those doubles !
My advice to you would be to make sure you keep on top of everything (I know everyone says this but it is insane how quickly it builds up!) . What makes you want to run from chemistry - if you want some reassurance though first year wasn’t too bad although obviously it does take time to adjust to a levels.
Good luck!
cool! it is pretty gross but essays are fine for me.
each lesson is an hour so my doubles are 2 hours :yep:
I'm definitely trying to keep on top of stuff. this weekend I should be able to finalise my organisation.
chemistry is just very difficult and im a little worried I won't be able to cope!! especially with all the maths, which I do struggle with
(Original post by laurawatt)
Add up all the numbers, and that’s x, xdash is the mean of the data ... I think!

n is the amount of numbers in the data

that’s the equation we got too :lol:
ahh, I think you might need to explain it to me. send me a snap? :laugh:
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
ahh, I think you might need to explain it to me. send me a snap? :laugh:
yuppp! i'll show you how to do my q tomorrow :lol:
clouddbubbles
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
yuppp! i'll show you how to do my q tomorrow :lol:
thanks! :adore:
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
it was meant to be 1000 words, but he put it down to 500 *phew!!*

hopefully
:eek3: heck, I don't even think I have 300 words to talk about the PT! good luck writing it :hugs:
they will :yep:
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
thank you, I guess so :shock: but my class was definitely a very conscientious one!
Probably a standard talk from the teacher though!
clouddbubbles
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
:eek3: heck, I don't even think I have 300 words to talk about the PT! good luck writing it :hugs:
they will :yep:
hahhah trust me I'm not looking forward to it :no:
(Original post by Lemur14)
Probably a standard talk from the teacher though!
yeah probably :O
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
week 1

hey :wavey:

this is my first post of my new gyg lol whAt

it has been pretty hectic!!!

on monday i actually had an induction for where i’m working now, primark. and i met someone who was going to my school and doing my subjects (how lucky ?!)
it wasn’t as boring as i thought and now i’m kind of excited to start working, especially because i’m in such a nice department. my first day is tomorrow :dontknow:

our first day back was wednesday and i met my form group, luckily had someone from my year 11 form and a friend from another school!! then literally had nothing to do except photos, so i took some friends on a tour of the school and we walked around the city. i had 4th period free, then double chemistry which meant that on my FiRST DAY BACK i had an after school lesson :sadnod:

soooo

chemistry

with our first teacher we got straight down to business, and have been looking at atomic structure - but literally just gcse stuff. and we also got set an essay on the periodic table :nah:
our second teacher basically made half of my class drop chemistry by scaring us all :woo: and now i really can’t wait to do a-level chemistry!!! honestly i would drop it if it didn’t form the basis of my future plans

biology

i’ve had two lots of double biology so far, with one of my teachers we’ve been doing work on cells and we’ve covered prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells (it’s so much more complicated than gcse! :eek3: ) as well as doing some exam questions. with my other teacher i’ve just done a maths test to ascertain how good i am at maths and judging from the test i am not good at all :laugh: there was standard deviation likeeee wtf??? no hablo matemáticas?? :naughty:

psychology

literally haven’t done anything except icebreakers

spanish

been briefed on the exchange which should be early next year and reviewed numbers which is all a bit complicated for my small brain lol

not looking forward to next week cause i have a day where i have a full day of lessons, plus an after school lesson. that’s 6 periods of lessons, worse than gcse :no:

#donttakefouralevels :lolwut:

please let me know if you want to be added/removed from the tag list
bubble squad :bubbles:
Hey clouddbubbles,

I originally planned to follow alongside some of the GYG's this year, but unfortunately I'm really starting to feel the pressure with my subjects at Higher level and need to devote my full attention to my studies; as a result I have sadly put forward a request to have my tag withdrawn for the meantime. It was great following along (although your blog has only just begun) and I hope I can some time again in the future.
clouddbubbles
Rep:
?
(Original post by Strelzo)
Hey clouddbubbles,

I originally planned to follow alongside some of the GYG's this year, but unfortunately I'm really starting to feel the pressure with my subjects at Higher level and need to devote my full attention to my studies; as a result I have sadly put forward a request to have my tag withdrawn for the meantime. It was great following along (although your blog has only just begun) and I hope I can some time again in the future.
hey

that’s fine, i update very rarely as i’m busy too (and my blog is pretty unpopular haha) - you can obviously still watch it and pop in from time to time

i hope everything goes well for you
Valeriex
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Tag me please! I'm taking bio and chem too at the same level (in sunny sunny scotland) so it will be interesting to see how different/similar the courses are
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
hey

that’s fine, i update very rarely as i’m busy too (and my blog is pretty unpopular haha) - you can obviously still watch it and pop in from time to time

i hope everything goes well for you
Thank you, hope everything goes to plan for you also. :thumbsup:
clouddbubbles
Rep:
?
(Original post by Valeriex)
Tag me please! I'm taking bio and chem too at the same level (in sunny sunny scotland) so it will be interesting to see how different/similar the courses are
okay! it will definitely be interesting to compare
(Original post by Strelzo)
Thank you, hope everything goes to plan for you also. :thumbsup:
prsom
Matthew2422
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Please can you tag me!

I had a look at your past GYGs and they seemed really good, I'm interested in taking Bio and Chem next year so want some insight!

*I swear if Grammarly tells me to put a comma after please one more time*
clouddbubbles
Rep:
?
(Original post by Matthew2422)
Please can you tag me!

I had a look at your past GYGs and they seemed really good, I'm interested in taking Bio and Chem next year so want some insight!

*I swear if Grammarly tells me to put a comma after please one more time*
of course, i'll try my best to provide that insight!!

lol i just added grammarly to my safari and it's already come up with 3 errors grrr :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (195)
67.71%
No (93)
32.29%

Watched Threads