The Student Room Group

will the bubble burst? : year 12 gyg

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clouddbubbles
week 2

beginning to make some friends, or at least talk to people a little more now. my frees have been productive some of the time, but i’m making the most of my freedom while it lasts and just enjoying myself. you can trust that i am doing any consolidation work at home when i need to :yep:

i also had the WORST cold this week so i almost didn’t go in on tuesday or wednesday, and i’ve now lost my voice (yay!!)

some interesting points from this week

Spoiler

[scroll]OHH and I almost forgot!!! my gcse in spanish has been remarked, and I have a 9 in that too :yay:[/scroll]

chemistry

haven’t had many lessons this week, i think the bulk of them are next week? we had a double where we looked at s-/p- orbitals and electron configuration which our teacher taught VERY badly but i think i finally get it now, because my friend sent me this cool infographic that explains it all. and with our other teacher we just revised valency and ionic formulae.

biology

covered viruses briefly with one of our teachers, but mostly focused on data analysis exam technique - with the other teacher we have been looking at biological molecules, reviewing gcse organic chemistry. on wednesday we learnt about carbohydrates and went through the maths test (i didn’t do as badly as i thought, but still pretty bad i think it was 31/48??)
that was a horrible day cos i had 6 hours of lessons including after school... no thanks :no:
in my own time i researched the science behind lactose intolerance, it’s pretty cool imo :dontknow:

psychology

it’s really boring at the moment ngl. with one of our teachers we have started with research methods :grr: which is LiTERALLY so repetitive and with the other we have just been going sooooo slowly. i fell asleep in one of the lessons and managed to get all of my notes done in the last 5 minutes. to be honest, his unit is a bit more interesting as it’s on approaches in psychology but we were doing origins, which was kinda dry.

might be dropping psychology then ahahh :getmecoat:

spanish

yeah i feel pretty terrible about this as well because i’ve forgotten SO MUCH spanish ughhh
we have covered the spanish festival/custom of bullfighting, as well as going through the present and past tenses again. with our other teacher, we have just started tourism.

xyz studies

to preserve my anonymity i’m not gonna say what this is called, but basically this week we had our pshe element of this and learnt about making friends which was ACTUALLY very insightful!!!

for anyone interested, my first day at work was good :smile:

please let me know if you want to be added/removed from the tag list
bubble squad :bubbles:

Spoiler

Hello :hi:
Could I be added to the tag list please?
Congratulations for Spanish, and I'm sure you'll start remembering soon. :yep:

Good luck!
Original post by Roses + Dreams
Hello :hi:
Could I be added to the tag list please?
Congratulations for Spanish, and I'm sure you'll start remembering soon. :yep:

Good luck!

yes of course

thank you!! honestly i hope everything starts to come back soon :gah:
well done with the remark!:woo:
yes of course

thank you!! honestly i hope everything starts to come back soon :gah:

I'm sure it will. :dumbells:
Original post by troubletracking
well done with the remark!:woo:

thank u!!
Your gyg looks pretty interesting so I'd really appreciate it if you could tag me! :h:
(I'm on OCR for biology and chemistry - what exam boards are you doing?)
Original post by studyingpeach
Your gyg looks pretty interesting so I'd really appreciate it if you could tag me! :h:
(I'm on OCR for biology and chemistry - what exam boards are you doing?)

okay :smile:
i’m doing aqa for biology and ocr for chemistry :yep:
week 3

hmm where do i even begin. as usual i am not spending my frees productively and well chemistry...
chemistry is not going too well hahahah
anyway the big HEADLINE news this week is i dropped psychology cos it’s boooooring :bebored: and now i’m doing pe instead :giggles:

chemistry

tbh losing the will to live.
with one teacher we’ve been tackling ionisation energies and mm i mean it brought some people to tears because she just couldn’t explain it because she’s :congrats: a :congrats: bad :congrats: teacher :congrats: so we just got some people in our class to explain it and i’m going to have to review it over the weekend for sure. with our other teacher we have been doing some parts of quantitative chemistry which, if ur an avid follower of myself, you would know is just a pain so we have literally just been doing ionic equations, moles and empirical formula and i’m feeling a bit overwhelmed :getmecoat:

biology

most of my lessons this week have been with one teacher and we have been looking at microscopes (comparing TEM, SEM and optical) as well as methods of studying cell organelles - cell fractionation which takes a bit of understanding. also we have completed a microscope practical, looking at cells in a leek and we had to do biological drawings. our teacher kind of leaves us to our own devices (on purpose) so we were all a bit clueless and i fully almost cried over the fact that i CoULdN’t get the freakin thin piece of leek but it’s okay after a full 30 minutes i got it :adore:

with our other teacher we carried on looking at carbohydrates - but some more specific ones. that lesson was pretty fun because hardly anyone turned up due to climate change protests, i think there was about 6 of us?? so that was v chill!

we probably would’ve gone to the climate change protests but mmm im not up for catching up two hours of biology haha

psychology ... pe

yeah um i had a double lesson on monday and i was SO bored soooo i literally went to speak to my head of year and persuade him to swap me to pe, even though that class is literally bursting ooops

the psychology lesson was on attachments, and i haven’t really had any pe lessons yet.

spanish

ooooof recapping spanish grammar is a pain!! we have been doing 3-2-1 verbs as well as present and preterite and i actually feel so dumb that i can’t remember it but a few of us had a heart to heart with our spanish teachers and we think it’s gonna be okay we just need to acclimatise to spanish again :gah:
basically been carrying on our work on tourism and festivals (specifically bullfighting) with some grammar work as well.

xyz studies

our re element is so chill!!! it’s literally just deep discussions wow i didn’t know i needed this in my life

didn’t attend the ‘lecture’ element this week cos i wasn’t interested :P

still waiting on my physics remark :cry2:

Spoiler

sorry if this causes a spam, but did anyone actually see my last post?
apologies if you did

Spoiler

Hope you enjoy PE more than psych :redface:
I'm sorry chemistry is being a pain already :console:
Original post by nyxnko_
Hope you enjoy PE more than psych :redface:
I'm sorry chemistry is being a pain already :console:

lol probably gonna fail chem, might need your help with a few concepts!
Hopefully PE is better than psych :crossedf:
Is chemistry really that hard :eek: now i'm kinda scared to do it next year :afraid:
Original post by _Mia101
Hopefully PE is better than psych :crossedf:
Is chemistry really that hard :eek: now i'm kinda scared to do it next year :afraid:

yes!!! i didn’t believe anyone but it’s really out of my comfort zone already :s-smilie:
sorry if this causes a spam, but did anyone actually see my last post?
apologies if you did

Spoiler

Seen and the first tag came up :yep:

You dropped Psych?! Ehh, you were always sick at PE so good choice either way. :borat:

Oof, soz about Chem. Maybe it's worth getting a private tutor or something? :dontknow:

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST GIVE GOOD TEACHERS FAM :cry:
Original post by RazzzBerries
Seen and the first tag came up :yep:

You dropped Psych?! Ehh, you were always sick at PE so good choice either way. :borat:

Oof, soz about Chem. Maybe it's worth getting a private tutor or something? :dontknow:

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST GIVE GOOD TEACHERS FAM :cry:

okay it’s good to know that the first tag came up!

yeahh it’s so boring!! pe seems so much better :laugh:

i might look into that :yep:
ohh your a level pe class is big? didn't think it'd be the case at most schools:lol: hope you enjoy it more than psychology though :h:
chemistry sounds horrible, you'll probably get the hang of it soon:console:
Got both tags :h:
My friend did the same on Wednesday, dropped psych for pe!
Chemistry is still confusing, we’ve started that notation thing for the s, p and d shells too :eek:
:hugs: i'm sure you'll love p.e
spanish:gah: you're making me so wish i was doing a language a-level:biggrin:
i got both tags:wink:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
ohh your a level pe class is big? didn't think it'd be the case at most schools:lol: hope you enjoy it more than psychology though :h:
chemistry sounds horrible, you'll probably get the hang of it soon:console:

yeah there’s 30 people in my class!! in comparison to 12 in my biology (that’s set tho) and 14 in my spanish. don’t know about chemistry but pe is by far the biggest they can’t squeeze everyone in!

hopefully :crossedf:
Original post by laurawatt
Got both tags :h:
My friend did the same on Wednesday, dropped psych for pe!
Chemistry is still confusing, we’ve started that notation thing for the s, p and d shells too :eek:

thank you for letting me know, sorry for annoying you with both tags!
notation is okay but everything else i’m fully like err ???

Original post by Toastiekid
:hugs: i'm sure you'll love p.e
spanish:gah: you're making me so wish i was doing a language a-level:biggrin:
i got both tags:wink:

okay good to know!! sorry for tagging you twice! :gah:
i hope so,, and language a-levels are the best!! got a lot of respect for you doing maths and fm tho #respect

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending