The Student Room Group

What is the best MArch Part 2 programme for an artistic student?

Hi all,

So I graduated Oxford Brookes University with a 1st and am looking towards my next steps. I've just completed a year placement in a residential practice and if I'm being honest it wasn't my cup of tea in terms of how technical it was. This scared me and I began to question my career choices, but I remembered how much I love
design. I just get a little thrown off by the more engineery techincal phases as I'm much more creatively inclined than technically.

This means I'm still unsure of whether to become an architect - but I'm dead set on becomeing some kind of designer, so I want to study somewhere where I will become a better designer. I feel like I got this at Oxford Brookes even though it was being taught through the architectural lense, but architecture has so many transferable skills.

I've looked up the Bartlett and UAL, but other than those two there doesn't seem to be many artistic and theoretically based courses. I'd also like to have a few choices that are outside of London as I can't really afford the living costs (especially as its near on impossible to work alongside studying).

I'd appreciate any help you can offer, please be nice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending