tissumayyah
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi guys,
I'm currently studying A2 Religious Studies; Philosophy, Ethics and Buddhism as the chosen religion. I'm struggling to find A2 Style Essays though - from which I'd like to understand the best writing styles. If anyone has any essays they are willing to share (preferably B-A* standard) would they be able to post them here please? My exam board is AQA but I think seeing other essay types from other exam boards will also be helpful. I'm particularly struggling writing essays on the Trikaya doctrine, Samsara and Ahimsa in Buddhism. So any essays on those topics would be especially beneficial. In Philosophy, AO1 essays would also be really helpful.
Thank you,
Sumayyah
Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I don't think this belongs in English study help, so I'm moving the thread to the RS forum.
humean
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I did eduqas for alevel with buddhism - what I found, especially with the new syllabus, is that making connections between different aspects of the course really helps. It can be difficult to find example essays, especially for Buddhism, but if you’re struggling, I suggest you plan some of the evaluation style questions including different points of views that might be relevant to the question. Also, if you look on the AQA website you may be able to find the mark schemes and examiners reports, they can be helpful in finding points for your essays. As a rule of thumb, I’d say in philosophy and ethics, whenever you make an argument try to challenge it (with a few sentences even) before moving on. And for Buddhism try to consider what different schools think - so for samsara, in Theravadan schools it’s really important because the goal is to break out of Samsara and become enlightened - but this might not be the case for ALL Buddhists.
Hope that somewhat helps!
tissumayyah
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by humean)
I did eduqas for alevel with buddhism - what I found, especially with the new syllabus, is that making connections between different aspects of the course really helps. It can be difficult to find example essays, especially for Buddhism, but if you’re struggling, I suggest you plan some of the evaluation style questions including different points of views that might be relevant to the question. Also, if you look on the AQA website you may be able to find the mark schemes and examiners reports, they can be helpful in finding points for your essays. As a rule of thumb, I’d say in philosophy and ethics, whenever you make an argument try to challenge it (with a few sentences even) before moving on. And for Buddhism try to consider what different schools think - so for samsara, in Theravadan schools it’s really important because the goal is to break out of Samsara and become enlightened - but this might not be the case for ALL Buddhists.
Hope that somewhat helps!
Thank you That's a good idea - I need to look through examiner's reports and hopefully they'll help!
Essay tutor
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Whatsap or text me via +1 740-527-6635. I will help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (138)
58.47%
No (53)
22.46%
Not sure (45)
19.07%

Watched Threads