MelodySinger26
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I was looking through my schedule for work to check my shift for tomorrow when I realised I completely missed a day of work this week!! Please help me!!! What do I do???? Life has been hectic at the minute with college applications and a recent death in my family etc but I don't think that's an acceptable excuse - I'm happy to apologise for not notifying my workplace but I don't want to look unprofessional by simply saying 'I forgot' . Any help is appreciated thanks!
Nadim Chowdhury
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm sorry to hear about the death of family member. Just admit it to your supervisor/manager/boss... etc. And try to not let it happen again lol
MelodySinger26
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nadim Chowdhury)
I'm sorry to hear about the death of family member. Just admit it to your supervisor/manager/boss... etc. And try to not let it happen again lol
Thank you. I think I'm more worried about my boss thinking I'm unreliable (since I'm only 2 months into the job)
HGS345
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by MelodySinger26)
I was looking through my schedule for work to check my shift for tomorrow when I realised I completely missed a day of work this week!! Please help me!!! What do I do???? Life has been hectic at the minute with college applications and a recent death in my family etc but I don't think that's an acceptable excuse - I'm happy to apologise for not notifying my workplace but I don't want to look unprofessional by simply saying 'I forgot' . Any help is appreciated thanks!
Just tell them you had a death in your family and your circumstances. It's not so much you just 'forgot', it's more so your mind was overwhelmed with the events that were occurring in your life at such short notice. Simply saying 'I forgot' doesn't sound like you've had it tough.

And like the other poster said, make sure you let them know it won't happen again.
MelodySinger26
Rep:
?
(Original post by HGS345)
Just tell them you had a death in your family and your circumstances. It's not so much you just 'forgot', it's more so your mind was overwhelmed with the events that were occurring in your life at such short notice. Simply saying 'I forgot' doesn't sound like you've had it tough.

And like the other poster said, make sure you let them know it won't happen again.
Thanks so much for your help 💕
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (203)
23.83%
Pop (211)
24.77%
Jazz (33)
3.87%
Classical (46)
5.4%
Hip-Hop (166)
19.48%
Electronic (58)
6.81%
Indie (135)
15.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise