The Student Room Group

which is harder? a level biology or psychology?

which has more content to memorise
which is better for a mathsy/sciencey student? (I hate essay writing)
which one is more interesting(in ur opinion)?
which ones easiar?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I would assume Biology being harder because it is a facilitating subject. Good luck!
Original post by Azimbrook1
which ones easiar?

you should definitely be expect to get 1-2 grades lower in Biology than Psych.
Reply 3
Honestly I did biology and it was harder than chemistry for me. I did WJEC and I would not recommend doing it to others as there’s no resources out there. Don’t know about other exam boards tho
which ones easiar?

Easily Biology
Reply 5
Original post by Sanaa01
Honestly I did biology and it was harder than chemistry for me. I did WJEC and I would not recommend doing it to others as there’s no resources out there. Don’t know about other exam boards tho

I'm going to do AQA
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymouspsych
Easily Biology

do you mean that biologys easiar or harder?
Reply 7

Pretty sure they mean bio is harder. Probably is a short response to your title
Biology by a long shot. I did both subjects and the amount of revision I did for psych was basically nothing compared to how much I had to revise for bio.
Reply 9
Original post by A Rolling Stone
you should definitely be expect to get 1-2 grades lower in Biology than Psych.

but the problem is: psychology is more essay based (which is really hard for me)
but biology has short answer questions ( which are easy for me)

sorry should've clarified. I meant harder. Biology is easily one of the hardest A levels out there
Original post by Anonymouspsych
sorry should've clarified. I meant harder. Biology is easily one of the hardest A levels out there

in your opinion, for someone that hates essay subjects, do you think I should do psychology over biology? - I wanna do psychology as it's interesting
(edited 4 years ago)
but the problem is: psychology is more essay based (which is really hard for me)
but biology has short answer questions ( which are easy for me)

nope. biology is a mix of short answer, medium answer, short essays and a couple of longer essays
Original post by A Rolling Stone
nope. biology is a mix of short answer, medium answer, short essays and a couple of longer essays

Do you think there's more short answer questions in biology compared to psychology
Original post by earthworm206
Biology by a long shot. I did both subjects and the amount of revision I did for psych was basically nothing compared to how much I had to revise for bio.

are you more of a mathsy person or someone that loves essays?
Do you think there's more short answer questions in biology compared to psychology

yes but it's still a harder subject
Reply 16
More content to memorise: Biology by far
Better for a “Mathsy/Sciencey” student: Biology
More interesting: Personally I found Psychology more interesting, as there were some topics that were very... peculiar. Such as the whole Oedipus complex/Electra compels. So it just made class conversations a whole lot more interesting :smile: Biology is still a very interesting subject though
Which one is easier: Definitely Psychology. You need to put three-five times as more effort into Biology than you would with Psychology
are you more of a mathsy person or someone that loves essays?

I am a mathsy person but bio was difficult (not that biology included hard maths anyway, it was a lot of graphs, application and statistical skills. also the mark schemes are so specific with wording so even if you know the content, it can still be hard to actually get the marks).

I hate essays, yet I managed to do well in psych anyway.
Btw I just finished as levels. I dropped psychology.
It depends how you are wired up, psychology is an essay based subject, biology is content. Biology is easier to get marks if you are good at the knowledge but there is far more content to remember. With essay based subjects you can know the content but find it more difficult to get marks.
Original post by earthworm206
I am a mathsy person but bio was difficult (not that biology included hard maths anyway, it was a lot of graphs, application and statistical skills. also the mark schemes are so specific with wording so even if you know the content, it can still be hard to actually get the marks).

I hate essays, yet I managed to do well in psych anyway.
Btw I just finished as levels. I dropped psychology.

can I ask why you dropped psychology and how well you did on it, was it harder for you compared to others as your more mathsy?

Quick Reply

Latest