meharkaursandhu
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi. I'm hoping to apply to Oxford next year to start in 2021. I was looking at the colleges and their accommodation facilities and one thing that I'm really confused about is how long you get accommodation for.
Personally, I'm looking for a college that could provide me accommodation for the entirety of my course. However, I don't know if that's possible.
When you click on the info for each college, you get a brief of the college facilities which looks something like:

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 39
Size:  396.8 KB

Now what I want to know is, what does it mean when they state "Usually offered for all years: YES". This specific screenshot is from the St Hugh's College information page. Does it mean that I would be able to stay at the college for all the years of my course, or does it mean something completely different?

Thanks.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by meharkaursandhu)
Now what I want to know is, what does it mean when they state "Usually offered for all years: YES". This specific screenshot is from the St Hugh's College information page. Does it mean that I would be able to stay at the college for all the years of my course?
That would be accurate yes.

You can always check on the college website if you are unsure of something. https://www.st-hughs.ox.ac.uk/prospe...undergraduate/
meharkaursandhu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nexttime)
That would be accurate yes.

You can always check on the college website if you are unsure of something. https://www.st-hughs.ox.ac.uk/prospe...undergraduate/
Thanks!! I really appreciate the help
Hugh's Swan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think it means that those who are doing either three years or fours years course would also get accommodation - so that is why it says for all years i.e st hugh’s has a really big site with lots of accommodation so you should be ok however long your course is.
meharkaursandhu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hugh's Swan)
I think it means that those who are doing either three years or fours years course would also get accommodation - so that is why it says for all years i.e st hugh’s has a really big site with lots of accommodation so you should be ok however long your course is.
That's exactly what I was thinking...thanks for the information though!
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It varies by college. Brasenose for example offers accommodation for all years of study, but second year is in the Frewin Annexe and not in the college itself. That’s still better than having to arrange accommodation yourself though.
BrasenoseAdm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
It varies by college. Brasenose for example offers accommodation for all years of study, but second year is in the Frewin Annexe and not in the college itself. That’s still better than having to arrange accommodation yourself though.
Though “annexe” in this case means a large historic site 5 minutes’ walk from our main site.
meharkaursandhu
Rep:
?
Plantagenet Crown and BrasenoseAdm
Alright! Again, thanks for the information! I certainly have no problem if the accommodation isn't on college campus as long as I'm not going to have to look for any on my own (that's something I'm hoping I won't have to do once at college). I'm planning on applying to St. Hugh's at Oxford - so hopefully they provide me accommodation for all years.
BrasenoseAdm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by meharkaursandhu)
Plantagenet Crown and BrasenoseAdm
Alright! Again, thanks for the information! I certainly have no problem if the accommodation isn't on college campus as long as I'm not going to have to look for any on my own (that's something I'm hoping I won't have to do once at college). I'm planning on applying to St. Hugh's at Oxford - so hopefully they provide me accommodation for all years.
Hola mekarkaursandhu,

We would suggest posing this question to St Hugh's if it is a significant factor for you.

Brasenose Admissions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (19)
7.92%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (135)
56.25%
No (86)
35.83%

Watched Threads