Lippo1995
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i have been doing a constant speed of 13.3km/h (non stop) on a treadmill for 10mns. what is the equivalent of that to a bleep test level?
WedgeAnt
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The bleep test is not a run set at a constant pace so the two can't be equated. I'd suggest you measure out the distance and practice the bleep test on your own, the audio track is found on your role's RAF recruitment page online
Lippo1995
Rep:
?
(Original post by WedgeAnt)
The bleep test is not a run set at a constant pace so the two can't be equated. I'd suggest you measure out the distance and practice the bleep test on your own, the audio track is found on your role's RAF recruitment page online
Thanks for the reply. I do not have access to a smooth 20m surface. i downloaded a treadmill bleep test app that suggest i start level at 8.5km/h and increase the speed 0.5km/h for each stage (the difference is that there is no stop and turn). but surly running 13km/h for 10 minutes constantly is more demanding.
WedgeAnt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lippo1995)
Thanks for the reply. I do not have access to a smooth 20m surface. i downloaded a treadmill bleep test app that suggest i start level at 8.5km/h and increase the speed 0.5km/h for each stage (the difference is that there is no stop and turn). but surly running 13km/h for 10 minutes constantly is more demanding.
Are you at the stage where you've passed OASC and are about to do your fam visit? If so then I'd recommend going out and finding yourself 20m of flat ground because it'd be silly to fail the fitness test there for something you could seemingly test if you can do at least once before the real thing.

The RAF fitness test for *before* the fam visit had it's bleep test replaced with the 2.4km run so matching the minimum passes should give you an indication of similar difficulties but being able to achieve one minimum pass does not equate to being able to pass them both.
Lippo1995
Rep:
?
Are you at the stage where you've passed OASC and are about to do your fam visit? If so then I'd recommend going out and finding yourself 20m of flat ground because it'd be silly to fail the fitness test there for something you could seemingly test if you can do at least once before the real thing.

The RAF fitness test for *before* the fam visit had it's bleep test replaced with the 2.4km run so matching the minimum passes should give you an indication of similar difficulties but being able to achieve one minimum pass does not equate to being able to pass them both.
I have tried to find a flat ground but couldn't (people interrupt). The park is full of holes and dogs running around. I will just stick to the treadmill plus interval training and see how i perform at the fam visit. I will try not to get chopped out. The 2.4km run has been replaced with the bleep test at the fam visit. 2.4km is done before OASC.

Thanks for your advice.
gcmdnm9297
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have tried to find a flat ground but couldn't (people interrupt). The park is full of holes and dogs running around. I will just stick to the treadmill plus interval training and see how i perform at the fam visit. I will try not to get chopped out. The 2.4km run has been replaced with the bleep test at the fam visit. 2.4km is done before OASC.

Thanks for your advice.
Not practicing the beep test would be a big mistake. I was running the 2.4km run in under 10 minutes but couldn't get any further than 8.5ish. Started regularly doing the beep test and now i get to late level 11.
Lippo1995
Rep:
?
(Original post by gcmdnm9297)
Not practicing the beep test would be a big mistake. I was running the 2.4km run in under 10 minutes but couldn't get any further than 8.5ish. Started regularly doing the beep test and now i get to late level 11.
Thanks for the reply. I can't find a smooth surface to do the bleep test. I used to do it at my uni sport hall but they closed for the summer. I was able get level 10.5 but struggled to run 13km/h for 10mns constantly during the PJFT which is the reason why I'm running the 13km/h time interval.
cookie_slap
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for the reply. I can't find a smooth surface to do the bleep test. I used to do it at my uni sport hall but they closed for the summer. I was able get level 10.5 but struggled to run 13km/h for 10mns constantly during the PJFT which is the reason why I'm running the 13km/h time interval.
You cant find a quiet street to practice on? I practice on the path outside my house.
SmutsReport
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have to agree with everyone on this, you can't reasonably expect to pass the bleep test without practicing it. Certainly not with just treadmill training. 13km/hr on the treadmill is actually a lot easier than doing the bleep test, the purpose of the bleep test is to test your V02Max and does that by making you use your lungs to maximum effort, something which running at a constant pace doesn't. 13km/hr is about a 7:40 minute mile, which isn't even a fast pace and unless you're unfit won't benefit you as much as other training will. The constant stop start and turns is more taxing than running at a steady pace one foot in front of the other.

I can understand that it's difficult to find a nice quiet area where you can do it without looking weird, but I run at night and the streets are empty. To measure out 20m accurately I have bought a 50m tape measure from Screwfix for just £8. The surface doesn't have to be "smooth" just flat and unless you live up in the hills you'll have flat road that at night at least will be quiet or if you go further afield for a larger park which you can practice comfortably.

It would be unfortunate if you failed all because you didn't practice it. Best of luck anyway .
Lippo1995
Rep:
?

Thanks for the advice. I attempted the bleep test today and got level 9.5. I could have done more if I had pushed harder. They only require 9.10 which I'm sure I'll get.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.52%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise