The Student Room Group

MA Illustration at Camberwell or Graduate Diploma in Art and Design at RCA

I have offers for both but am finding it hard to make a decision. Main concern is funding - the course at the RCA is £19k so I would need to try to raise funds to pay for it. The course itself doesn't offer any funding schemes. MA course is half the cost and has various funding options available. If I were able to raise funds it would mean a qualification from a very prestigious institution. However, if I went to Camberwell I would (if successful) have an MA under my belt, which is a higher qualification than a diploma. It's a real dilemma. MA starts this Sept so I need to make a decision ASAP.
Reply 1
Are you an international student ?
Reply 2
Original post by username4933004
I have offers for both but am finding it hard to make a decision. Main concern is funding - the course at the RCA is £19k so I would need to try to raise funds to pay for it. The course itself doesn't offer any funding schemes. MA course is half the cost and has various funding options available. If I were able to raise funds it would mean a qualification from a very prestigious institution. However, if I went to Camberwell I would (if successful) have an MA under my belt, which is a higher qualification than a diploma. It's a real dilemma. MA starts this Sept so I need to make a decision ASAP.

I would take into consideration that Camberwell is still part of UAL, which is still a very prestigious college in the art world, arguably more than RCA.

If we disregarded the fees where would you prefer to go?
Reply 3
Graduate Diploma in Fine art at Chelsea college of art is almost half a price of the RCA GDip for home students. Illustration MA at Camberwell has a good reputation and most likely will give you a lot of skills. Have you been to the open days ?
Reply 4
Hi, where did you go in the end and how was the experience? I have been offered a place on Chelsea graduate diploma and Camberwell MA fine art and am thinking I will go to Camberwell.

Quick Reply

Latest