Fresher's week is next week so I go back on Sunday
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by nyxnko_)
Oh that makes sense :yes:
True, but that will be at most a suggestion though One of the people in my chem class got just over 30% in their baseline, and was told for pretty much all of Year 12 to drop it but ended up completing the course. I have no idea what he got though :nah:
:lovehug:
Eek! Definitely aiming for more than 30% :eek: :crossedf:
(Original post by Phirstman)
Tag me please Laura 😎
Sure thing
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Great to hear the first days have been good :hugs:

Best of luck with those tests :rave:
Last edited by I AM GROOT 1; 5 months ago
peachystudy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
yay glad you're enjoying sixth form! i also have two tests next week (chem, maths), good luck for your tests! :lovehug: x
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by laurawatt)

:yep: will do!
I think they said something about discrete maths? But haven’t actually told us our modules (they’ll probably go through it when we get our textbook next week)

I know :hide: Especially as ‘the school recommends’ that (for sixth form) that you do 1 hour outside of school for every lesson you have :eek: That’s 20 hours indépendant study, so 17 at home minus my frees!
This gal does not have that sort of time after school / weekends :nah:
Ah, decision, discrete, it's the same thing - just a lot of algorithms.
At least if you've got so many lessons per week that you only have 3 free periods you should get through the content pretty quickly - either that or you end up doing the revision during classes.
jemima0103
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
06/09/19

:eek: already two days at school?! :gah: I've loved it ngl :laugh:

Y12s went back on thursday (no idea why lol) and so we got our timetables then and everything I have 3 frees a week :lol: one on each mon, tue, wed other than that, lessons all the time in-between!
We have 2 teachers for each subject and i like all of them! :grin:

Thursday:
chemistry: met our teacher, who i had in y9! just talked through the course and had a 'welcome to a-levels' speech :lol: also we have a test on monday and we have to get over 65% :eek4:
fm: was very fun but very confusing! we did about different types of number, (real, irrational, complex etc.) and then we did imaginary numbers :headfire: blew my tiny mind a bit
geography: looked at different types of maps/presenting maps
maths: just another introduction, and did some algebra practise Got set some homework which i've just about finished!
fm: different teacher, did some boring graph/network stuff :boring:

Friday:
geography: did some more map stuff and coloured some in ourselves! Who said geography was just cutting and sticking? :flute:
> I had a medical appointment so left in geography and got back near the end of lunch <
so missed chemistry and fm :emo:
chemistry: met our other teacher, who's really nice! did some stuff about atoms :grin:
maths: had our teacher from last year :rave: :party: did some algebra questions and got told we have a test next friday!!

The lessons today went so fast it was crazzzyyyyyy :excited:
So exciting! :woo: Loving sixth form so far

Thank you all for commenting on the gyg so far! Keep smiling!
How's your start to school/college been? :grouphugs:
Spoiler:
Show

I'm glad you've had a good start
laurawatt
Rep:
?
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
Great to hear the first days have been good :hugs:

Best of lick with those tests :rave:
Thanks Groot! :hugs:
Hope you’re doing well?
(Original post by peachystudy)
yay glad you're enjoying sixth form! i also have two tests next week (chem, maths), good luck for your tests! :lovehug: x
Thank you!
Snap :five: best of luck for next week :jumphug:
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Ah, decision, discrete, it's the same thing - just a lot of algorithms.
At least if you've got so many lessons per week that you only have 3 free periods you should get through the content pretty quickly - either that or you end up doing the revision during classes.
Ahh fair enough, thanks!
We have 5 lessons of each subject per week (2 with one teacher, 3 with another) so for me that’s 20 hours, 1 for EPQ (ughhh) and 1 for PSME (like learning about drugs/alcohol/ucas etc etc), then 3 frees :eek:
Hoping you’re well sinnoh :hugs:
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hope you’re doing well?

Thank you!

Ahh fair enough, thanks!
We have 5 lessons of each subject per week (2 with one teacher, 3 with another) so for me that’s 20 hours, 1 for EPQ (ughhh) and 1 for PSME (like learning about drugs/alcohol/ucas etc etc), then 3 frees :eek:
No worries :hugs:

I’m well thanks
laurawatt
Rep:
?
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
No worries :hugs:

I’m well thanks
Prsom! Good to hear
SlightlySummer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Aw it's great to see that you've had such a good start!
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hope you’re doing well?

Thank you!

Ahh fair enough, thanks!
Ahh I guess since they're treating further maths as a whole separate subject it takes up a lot more room. For me we were just in our own set throughout 6th form but with more maths lessons per week
and yeh I'm doing well thanks I am now closer to starting uni than results day
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hehe of course!! :hugs:
i really need to get better at reading yours :getmecoat:
Nooooooooooooooo, dw about reading mine at all hun! You've got a lot on to keep you busy enough without adding pressure or extra reading :hugs: Plus I know I have your support anyway
laurawatt
Rep:
?
(Original post by SlightlySummer)
Aw it's great to see that you've had such a good start!
Thanks! Hope you have too
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Ahh I guess since they're treating further maths as a whole separate subject it takes up a lot more room. For me we were just in our own set throughout 6th form but with more maths lessons per week
and yeh I'm doing well thanks I am now closer to starting uni than results day
Yep, we have different classes for each - there’s only 8 of us in fm so they wouldn’t be able to timetable us to have that many lessons as such a small class
:eek: omg that’s so soon! :headfire: bit exciting at the same time!!
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Nooooooooooooooo, dw about reading mine at all hun! You've got a lot on to keep you busy enough without adding pressure or extra reading :hugs: Plus I know I have your support anyway
I really do like reading your blogs though :hugs:
Always supporting :heart:
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
That makes sense that going straight to courses would be a better option. Awww thank you. Ohhh, why didn’t you go???
laurawatt
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
That makes sense that going straight to courses would be a better option. Awww thank you. Ohhh, why didn’t you go???
Depends on the type of school I guess! Ours is very graded dependant as we’re rural so need all the funding we can get :lol:
I had NCS when the induction days were on
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Depends on the type of school I guess! Ours is very graded dependant as we’re rural so need all the funding we can get :lol:
I had NCS when the induction days were on
Ours is a catholic school so we got like religious welcome to school at the start 😂😂😂 ohhh are they strict with grades? Same but ours is in debt 😂 ohhhhh omg you did NCS? When was your first week?
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Ours is a catholic school so we got like religious welcome to school at the start 😂😂😂 ohhh are they strict with grades? Same but ours is in debt 😂 ohhhhh omg you did NCS? When was your first week?
Ahhh ours is CofE, but they don’t do a special welcome :lol:
Not particularly, but better grades=more funding so it does matter when we run out of whiteboard pens/paper :lol:
Yeahhh I really enjoyed it!! My first week was the 24th of June when did you do yours?
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Ahhh ours is CofE, but they don’t do a special welcome :lol:
Not particularly, but better grades=more funding so it does matter when we run out of whiteboard pens/paper :lol:
Yeahhh I really enjoyed it!! My first week was the 24th of June when did you do yours?
Whats a CofE. Ohhhh. Wait do you get given paper for notes or is it like for printing. That’s so early I did mine later July like 22nd July.
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Whats a CofE. Ohhhh. Wait do you get given paper for notes or is it like for printing. That’s so early I did mine later July like 22nd July.
Church of England
We get given paper if we need but, especially for sixth firm, they want us to bring our own
Yeah, it was the only time that would fit in with our family holiday! Did you have a good time?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (159)
66.81%
No (79)
33.19%

Watched Threads