Crazy cacti
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey so I just did my UCAT with a score of 630 and sj of band 2 what unis should I apply for ?? R there any that I should avoid ?? Tryed to google these but not very helpful as mixed about where to apply to I would prefer to go to a uni in London or maybe Edinburgh 😝
Random_Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Crazy cacti)
Hey so I just did my UCAT with a score of 630 and sj of band 2 what unis should I apply for ?? R there any that I should avoid ?? Tryed to google these but not very helpful as mixed about where to apply to I would prefer to go to a uni in London or maybe Edinburgh 😝
The medic portal should help. Try that
DGeorge13
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe avoid Edinburgh: depends a lot on your other stats and I think there’s a megathread somewhere
TashHounslow
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

These are some unis that use lower cut-off points: (Other unis that use cut-offs are all higher)
Barts: 2400 (least competitive)
Hull York: 2400
Exeter: 2500
Southampton: 2500 (most competitive)
I would avoid kings as it has a high cut off point of around 2900 every year.

A lot of other unis rank you compared to others while taking other aspects of application into account. If the rest of your application is good then you should be fine.
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TashHounslow)
Hi,

These are some unis that use lower cut-off points: (Other unis that use cut-offs are all higher)

A lot of other unis rank you compared to others while taking other aspects of application into account. If the rest of your application is good then you should be fine.
These are not really accurate, or at least do not paint the whole picture.
For a UCAT of 2400 to be successful at Barts you would need a UCAS tariff of around 400 (an A* at A level is worth 56). The lowest UCAT score to get an offer according to their website this year was 2540
Exeter selects on A levels and only uses UCAT if they need a cut off as too many people at the same level (has actually either been nothing or 667 in the last 3 years)
HYMS use GCSEs and SJT with UCAT, so a stronger performance in one can compensate for a weaker performance in another
Southampton have had higher cut offs than this in almost all recent years and it has been as high as 700

Post all your stts on the megathread and people will try to help
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...5#post85041220
Crazy cacti
Rep:
?
(Original post by TashHounslow)
Hi,

Thank you this is really helpful 😊
Crazy cacti
Rep:
?
(Original post by GANFYD)
These are not really accurate, or at least do not paint the whole picture.
For a UCAT of 2400 to be successful at Barts you would need a UCAS tariff of around 400 (an A* at A level is worth 56). The lowest UCAT score to get an offer according to their website this year was 2540
Exeter selects on A levels and only uses UCAT if they need a cut off as too many people at the same level (has actually either been nothing or 667 in the last 3 years)
HYMS use GCSEs and SJT with UCAT, so a stronger performance in one can compensate for a weaker performance in another
Southampton have had higher cut offs than this in almost all recent years and it has been as high as 700

Post all your stts on the megathread and people will try to help
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...5#post85041220
Ohhh okay thank you 😊
Crazy cacti
Rep:
?
(Original post by Random_Student)
The medic portal should help. Try that
Ohhh okay I went on their it was helpful but it was only really for 2019 entry I guess that bc 2020 stats r not available yet 😊
Random_Student
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ohhh okay I went on their it was helpful but it was only really for 2019 entry I guess that bc 2020 stats r not available yet 😊
I think the 2020 entry stats will be out in October after everyone is done with their UCAT
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads