Going to doctors about acne Watch

pinkbluex
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
They are low dose antibiotics that you take for several months. She took them for about 9 months, the acne cleared up and she decided to try stop taking them but the acne was back within 3 months. She took them again for another few months then took a break again. The second time the acne didn't come back, maybe because she was older and less hormonal, I don't know.
thank you so much, that's given me hope because I suffer from hormonal acne, I'll defo check it out.
randomsheep11
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I made a similar thread about a year ago, but I would like to say to anyone watching this thread that it's you aren't just some vain time-waster by going to the GP. They get stuff like this a lot, so don't worry.

Personally, I was put on Zineryt gel. It worked a bit, but then I ran out and didn't get a repeat prescription for ages until my acne got worse. I think I'm now on my 3rd round of it and I think it's stopped working. I May go back and ask about the Duac gel everyone here is talking about?
username4889668
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Roaccutane was the only thing to work for me
pinkbluex
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by randomsheep11)
I made a similar thread about a year ago, but I would like to say to anyone watching this thread that it's you aren't just some vain time-waster by going to the GP. They get stuff like this a lot, so don't worry.

Personally, I was put on Zineryt gel. It worked a bit, but then I ran out and didn't get a repeat prescription for ages until my acne got worse. I think I'm now on my 3rd round of it and I think it's stopped working. I May go back and ask about the Duac gel everyone here is talking about?
I was put on zineryt and it gave me a huge outbreak on my forehead, like literally hundreds of little bumps, I guess it's different for everyone though. 100% you should go and ask for DUAC, it was honestly a miracle and cleared up everything, but Its resistant right now but deciding to go back on it now.
milliedowley
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I had the exact same issue infact I was at my doctors for a completely different reason and my dad knew my skin had been getting me down so he sorta said is there anything u can give to help she said that was absolutely fine I’ve been on duac for almost a year now works AMAZING for me but so keep a good skincare routine & drink water to stop breakouts re appearing
randomsheep11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by pinkbluex)
I was put on zineryt and it gave me a huge outbreak on my forehead, like literally hundreds of little bumps, I guess it's different for everyone though. 100% you should go and ask for DUAC, it was honestly a miracle and cleared up everything, but Its resistant right now but deciding to go back on it now.
Unfortunate that happened, hope it starts working when you go back on it.

With regards to Zineryt though, what I hate about it is that it makes my skin so so so dry! I have had to buy a bunch of creams that people with ageing skin would use (which include stuff like: ceramides, lipids, hyaluronic acid etc.) and it also makes me sunburn so easily (even though I wear SPF50 every day)...

Is Duac prescription only or can it be bought? Just wondering.
pinkbluex
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by randomsheep11)
Unfortunate that happened, hope it starts working when you go back on it.

With regards to Zineryt though, what I hate about it is that it makes my skin so so so dry! I have had to buy a bunch of creams that people with ageing skin would use (which include stuff like: ceramides, lipids, hyaluronic acid etc.) and it also makes me sunburn so easily (even though I wear SPF50 every day)...

Is Duac prescription only or can it be bought? Just wondering.
thanks! and yeah a lot of these creams are really drying, so is Duac! It is prescription but I do believe you can get them on an online pharmacy somehow, I however have mine on prescription. do you recommend an SPF cream to use that doesn't break you out?
randomsheep11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by pinkbluex)
thanks! and yeah a lot of these creams are really drying, so is Duac! It is prescription but I do believe you can get them on an online pharmacy somehow, I however have mine on prescription. do you recommend an SPF cream to use that doesn't break you out?
I have used a few, my favourite one is the following:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neutrogena-...gateway&sr=8-1

It's really hydrating and it spreads easily. Also, the fact that the cream is blue (which of course fades) makes it rather easy to see where you have missed. I would recommend it I guess, but you have to get it online since I can never find it in shops.

Your skin won't really look matte and oil free btw, it's a bit more dewy and moisturising - but it hasn't caused a me a breakout.

I have used a few others that were ok, but this one is a 10/10 for myself.

At the moment I'm using some Nivea stuff that smells like suncream :'( not really digging it
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I tried 4 different sets of prescribed antibiotics for 6 months each: never worked. I used 4 different prescribed creams didn’t work. Finally went took accutane: transformed my skin. Best it has looked in 5 years
randomsheep11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I tried 4 different sets of prescribed antibiotics for 6 months each: never worked. I used 4 different prescribed creams didn’t work. Finally went took accutane: transformed my skin. Best it has looked in 5 years
That's awesome
Retten
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I went to the doctors and they gave me this gel but it’s burning my skin! I have big red marks where I have used it. Is this normal or should I go back to my GP?
A few years ago I was given Epiduo, it was a gel/cream in a small opaque bottle with a pump. For maybe the first week when I used it, my skin felt like it was burning and it was a bit red. It dried my skin a bit too but I felt like the pain told me it was working. Obviously this isn't usually the case but it really did make my acne a lot smaller. I had a full face of whiteheads though, not the red painful acne. It stopped being effective after a few months though and the burning only lasted 1 or 2 weeks maximum. Honestly it's up to you if you decide to go back to the GP to see if it's anything to be concerned about
LifeAvoider
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Retten)
A few years ago I was given Epiduo, it was a gel/cream in a small opaque bottle with a pump. For maybe the first week when I used it, my skin felt like it was burning and it was a bit red. It dried my skin a bit too but I felt like the pain told me it was working. Obviously this isn't usually the case but it really did make my acne a lot smaller. I had a full face of whiteheads though, not the red painful acne. It stopped being effective after a few months though and the burning only lasted 1 or 2 weeks maximum. Honestly it's up to you if you decide to go back to the GP to see if it's anything to be concerned about
pop to your pharmacy and see what they can advise. They can look at yor face and may suggest an alternative the doctor could prescribe or some such thing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (164)
24.59%
Pop (164)
24.59%
Jazz (26)