The Student Room Group

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* mez's guide to not getting disowned : episode two *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mez_merising

week eleven - i'm so sleepy

girl this week has been so so long grr the price i pay for doing loads baha its not even alot i just require a lotta sleep to function i guess

biology:

i) can i even remember what i did two seconds ago ... we finished up dna stuff which im still super confused on so ha love that and then moved onto enzyme stuff and apparently there's loads of pags coming up...greeat

ii) missed for mun prep grr more on that later

iii) osmosis continueddd and we have a test on friday which i have not started revising for woo go mez

iv) finished up pag work and graph drawing my teacher is actually not human the way she draws the curves on a graph so smoothly is beyond me

chemistry:

i) ok but i have no clue what london forces are even though we have done loads of lessons on them now

ii) continued acids and bases i guess? all the topics are so mixed up now we only have one teacher who teaches us for all the content and he teaches all the other y12 classes so woo

iii) periodicity can die in a hole thanks
iv) same goes for electronegativity- wait hold up if we do anything about electrochemical cells imma scream i HATE them-

iv) did some practice qs which really showed that i learnt nothing wow

maths:

i) why is maths turning into my favourite subject...what's wrong with me...w-why do i feel like this...im goin craZy now. so we did intergration but as area under a curve which is calm i can just plug it into my calculator...its becoming quite dangerous actually bc in my med school entrance tests i won't have my calculator so if there's any sorta fractions im screwed

ii) definite integration and more weird graph stuff..the way im finding it ok now and a couple weeks down the line im gonna be crying about it

iii) continued with stats but our lesson was being observed by the head of maths so out teacher was acting kinda aggy but we did eeeewwwww standard deviation and variance? if thats what i remember it being called. im kinda glad i know what it is now bc the y11 boys on my bus kept going on about it bc they do stats gcse and then it came up in the horrendous bio paper but the equation isn't as scary anymore! however i don't know how to use my calculator for it yet which i need to do asap

iv) more integration and combining it with stuff from other topics which i hateee bc thats my weakness in maths when everything gets mixed together woo we love that

psychology:

i) i might as well teach myself ngl...dont get me wrong i adore my teacher but the lessons are so so unbelievably boring i-

ii) ok this one was kinda fun we did sampling which was good for reminding me about maths stuff which i had forgotten straight after my last maths exam in june but we did it with skittles and the whole lesson was a mess

thumbnail_IMG_0636.jpg

iii) more research methods

iv) as above, but apparently our test is next tuesday...but on what love what have i actually learnt....hmm this seems to be a recurring theme and its kinda concerning

general stuff:

i really should've typed this earlier but im lazy and now its late and im sleepy so great. alot of stuff happened this week so here's the breakdown:

so...i didn't get senior prefect

which is understandable partly because my interview went crappy and i feLT it but also bc my school is racist and islamaphobic but we move. then i went through a faze of where i wanted apply for house captain, but the deadline was super close and i was kinda demotivated from being rejected so i reevaluated if i wanted to be put under that stress,,if it was worth it and really overall gonna contribute to my med application plus i had to write a speech and make it uNiQUE and loads of people from my house were going for it...so i decided not to apply and go for charity official instead which is ok bc i just had to write an application letter and apparently there's an interview but i don't think its gonna be that deep plus i've got a lot on my plate already

parents evening was a thing lol it was kinda underwhelming imo wow im gonna sound like a whole ***** now but we got our...'target' grades which are like mock predicted grades (how they can tell from just two months of work i have no clue) but as usual i rocked up late bc rush hour traffic sucks but hey.

chemistry was calm, targeted an A* bc of my fluke test where i only dropped a mark and my teacher asked what i was finding difficult and i said the dipole stuff and he looked at me like 'mez wth you clown that's the easiest stuff we've done' but he reassured me that bc i can do calculations i'll find it easier...sir i don't know about you but maths is NOT my forte here

biology targeted me an A which is fair but they said it will be bumped up later after more tests have been done but that's fine, they just said don't get too complacent

maths i was v nervous for but my teacher does like me so that's good and my mum lmao knows how crappy i am but my teacher reassured her and me in a way which was nice, im predicted an A which at first i was like..hmm ok but i got higher on the test, but then i remembered who i was and realised it was the right move bc maths is my weakest subject despite me getting the highest grade in it...hold up something aint adding up here- n e ways then i got a little carried away and starting talking about my f e e l i n g s ew and how i was v disappointed with myself for getting an 8 on results day and my teacher said if he didn't look it up then he would've assumed i got a 9 which is v nice to hear and has been troubling me even though it shouldn't but sometimes my mind is just....grr..but its nice to have someone believe in you!

psychology aw my teacher was actually the sweetest hA all my neek-ness and extra essays paid off bc she called me an A* student and then her and my mum talked some child psychology stuff so i zoned out..oh and then she finally gave our psychopathology marks back and i got 47/50 = an A* so thats goood but i still don't get why its my 16 markers that let me down but oh well i've got time to refine em

so this weekend i did no work bc we had the two day med conference thing we got to attend for free it was so long 9-5 but really insightful and kinda tried to sell us stuff which i was really keen on but now thinking about it...i don't have 3k spare for some residential summer school lmao. they do have other programmes which i'll look into but in a couple of weeks bc its gonna be really hectic until like mid december for me

nope no reading this week but i did finish the previous book which made me cry so its vvv good and will move onto the next book asap. i also submitted my mock medsoc interview thing idk when those will be but it's soon and i should prep for them. and my hospital volunteering meeting is on tuesday so i gotta miss school but take time to catch up on hw, revision and sleeP!

and mun was a thing on friday, people bunked as i should have but i was a country leader so i wasn't gonna do that to my team but yea we failed and ended up starting ww3 lmao lets just say none of us should become politicians

its just alot! and the conference thing made me realise how much more i have to do to be in the top '10%' or whatever the stats for med are.....phewWW i feel my heads gonna explode my skin is so so terrible rn ew buuuuT my birthday is soon! and im planning to go to winter wonderland w friends so hopefully that's gonna be a nice destresser kinda thing.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* playlist.mez✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Spoiler

people who make mez's life less of a mess:

Spoiler

feel free to comment if you wanna be tagged/removed!
obviously if you've got more important things to do then please prioritise wisely
i really should take my own advice....

i hope the world is treating you guys nicely!!
all the best my loves <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* stay happy and healthy✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Wow I wanna go winter wonderland too! + Poo senior prefect it's not important plus feel lucky that you don't have to do lunch patrol or whatever! I'll speak soon it's just things are going on and it's not been the best! Sending good luck.... whoooooosh! :hugs:
Original post by FlawlessChicken
Wow I wanna go winter wonderland too! + Poo senior prefect it's not important plus feel lucky that you don't have to do lunch patrol or whatever! I'll speak soon it's just things are going on and it's not been the best! Sending good luck.... whoooooosh! :hugs:

we should go sometime defo! sending all my luck (though I don’t think it’s particularly lucky atm) 💓💓
Damn sucks to be the chemistry teacher now having to teach all of year 12 :s-smilie:
Glad to hear the maffs is going well. Don't get too used to using the integral function on the calculator, questions are often laid out such that you still need to go through the motions of evaluating the integral.
Original post by Sinnoh
Don't get too used to using the integral function on the calculator, questions are often laid out such that you still need to go through the motions of evaluating the integral.

gROoooooooooooss
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey mez, I'm interested what is Psychology like, I mean I'm hardly looking for another subject to throw into the mix that is my A-level confusions but I'd never really considered it before.
I love all these ponyo gifs :gah:
it's a shame about the senior prefect, but hopefully, you'll get charity official :crossedf:
don't depend too much on your calculator :redface:
do i hear maths is becoming mez's favourite subject? :laugh: maths degree......?
Original post by Matthew2422
Hey mez, I'm interested what is Psychology like, I mean I'm hardly looking for another subject to throw into the mix that is my A-level confusions but I'd never really considered it before.

haha no worries...psych is an interesting one. super super fascinating of course i can't deny that, but being taught it (does depend on your teacher) is kinda boring and it is slightly like gcse in the sense its rote textbook learning and just picking up how to ace those 16markers. it's by no means an 'easy' a level, but compared to my other subjects its less intense at the moment. would defo recommend if you're good at english and waffly essay writing but also are interested in scientific concepts. there's also a tiny bit of maths but its very very basic level.
Original post by nyxnko_
I love all these ponyo gifs :gah:
it's a shame about the senior prefect, but hopefully, you'll get charity official :crossedf:
don't depend too much on your calculator :redface:
do i hear maths is becoming mez's favourite subject? :laugh: maths degree......?

mhmmm im kinda running out though lol
yep hopefully!!
gahhh i'll try not to, i just cant help it it's toooo powerful but i think i already messed up the stats function so i gotta reset it at some point
and ewwwwwww maths degree nooo way
wait was that conference Medic Mentors? i’m a student ambassador for them
Original post by neurosurgically
wait was that conference Medic Mentors? i’m a student ambassador for them

yep it was!! wow that’s super cool how did you become one?

week twelve - baby its mf freEzing outside

hellO december wow i should've really written this yesterday now it's all disjointed grr

biology:

i) it's literally pag szn in bio......enzymes galore

ii) missed bc volunteering induction; more on that in a bit

iii) cell cycle, but its way harder than gcse but its ok so far i guess just loads of new stuff

iv) transport & membranes test; went ok except i forgot how sa:v ratios worked oop here's some revision pics i haven't done these in a long while

thumbnail_IMG_1040.jpg

chemistry:

i) missed bc my bus was so damn late its supposed to come at half seven and it takes an hour to get to school but it really came at 9am wow

ii) missed bc volunteering

iii) and in chem its titration szn grr they're so much effort but the colours are kinda pwetty

iv) more titrations......

maths:

i) intergration stuffs but harder

ii) ...i cannot actually remember lol

iii) grrr stats and standard dev, my calculator temporarily broke but its all good now bUT what's not good is we have a test nEXT WEEK on pure 1,4,5,8 which is graphs & binomials which i have all forgotten AND stats 1&2 when we really have only had like three stats lessons baahahahhahahaa and its on thursday and i have not even started revising love that woo go mez!

iv) finally moved onto circles which is v fun surprisingly

psychology:

i) who knows at this point...not me

ii) missed for volunteering

iii) mean median mode...yep we're going back to year two

iv) how to draw graphs.............aight imma head out now-

epq:

lmao i didn't even add this bit to the previous post but we had our mid project review which makes no sense bc i haven't even finished researching but im excellent at bs so i convinced my supervisor i was all good...christmas hols are looking looooong rn

extra stuffs:

volunteering was vvv fun! got put onto my local hospital's children's ward and went round with their volunteer leader who is bants lmao i love her and she showed me all the stuff and how to make the most of it. i just get to go round and talk to patients, maybe practice taking clinical histories if i can remember the steps or i just get to tidy up the play room and set up christmas decor loool perfecto tho bc i love love love kids (alright thats sounding a lil weird mez..)

ooh it was my birthday lmao i had the bestest time and received the most amazing gifts wahh i love my fwends so much!

n we went to winter wonderland on saturday wouldn't recommend though it was super busy and super duper expensive but fun nevertheless!

also i may as well update y'all so last thurs we had senior charity prefect interviews n oh it went so so much better than senior prefect, i don't know why but i just felt so comfortable, i gave solid answers with no stuttering and

it paid off! i got the position weeewooo

i mean my dad kinda scoffed at it which hurt a lil but whatever im happy :smile:

i also got this speaker which is supposed to be for the new house but im just kinda housing it in my room and playing lofi through it which is just vvv cosy vibes with candles smh but my sister dropped the wax everywhere.....but still i adoreee this time of year (cuddle szn as i like to call it)

Spoiler

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*people who make mez's life less of a mess✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Spoiler

feel free to comment if you wanna be tagged/removed!!
obviously if you've got more important things to do then please prioritise wisely

make sure you wrap up warm my snowflakes!! <333

(edited 4 years ago)

hellO december wow i should've really written this yesterday now it's all disjointed grr

biology:

iii) cell cycle, but its way harder than gcse but its ok so far i guess just loads of new stuff

iv) transport & membranes test; went ok except i forgot how sa:v ratios worked oop here's some revision pics i haven't done these in a long while

thumbnail_IMG_1040.jpg

chemistry:

i) missed bc my bus was so damn late its supposed to come at half seven and it takes an hour to get to school but it really came at 9am wow

iii) and in chem its titration szn grr they're so much effort but the colours are kinda pwetty

maths:

iii) grrr stats and standard dev, my calculator temporarily broke but its all good now bUT what's not good is we have a test nEXT WEEK on pure 1,4,5,8 which is graphs & binomials which i have all forgotten AND stats 1&2 when we really have only had like three stats lessons baahahahhahahaa and its on thursday and i have not even started revising love that woo go mez!

psychology:

epq:

lmao i didn't even add this bit to the previous post but we had our mid project review which makes no sense bc i haven't even finished researching but im excellent at bs so i convinced my supervisor i was all good...christmas hols are looking looooong rn

extra stuffs:

volunteering was vvv fun! got put onto my local hospital's children's ward and went round with their volunteer leader who is bants lmao i love her and she showed me all the stuff and how to make the most of it. i just get to go round and talk to patients, maybe practice taking clinical histories if i can remember the steps or i just get to tidy up the play room and set up christmas decor loool perfecto tho bc i love love love kids (alright thats sounding a lil weird mez..)

ooh it was my birthday lmao i had the bestest time and received the most amazing gifts wahh i love my fwends so much!

n we went to winter wonderland on saturday wouldn't recommend though it was super busy and super duper expensive but fun nevertheless!

also i may as well update y'all so last thurs we had senior charity prefect interviews n oh it went so so much better than senior prefect, i don't know why but i just felt so comfortable, i gave solid answers with no stuttering and

i mean my dad kinda scoffed at it which hurt a lil but whatever im happy :smile:

i also got this speaker which is supposed to be for the new house but im just kinda housing it in my room and playing lofi through it which is just vvv cosy vibes with candles smh but my sister dropped the wax everywhere.....but still i adoreee this time of year (cuddle szn as i like to call it)

Spoiler

Spoiler

awww well done everything seems to be going fine! Also super duper well done with becoming a charity prefect .... interviews are tuff but you managed to pull through! We’re all proud of you! :heart:
well done on becoming charity prefect:smile:
what are you doing your epq on? You mentioned earlier but I haven't tsr in like 5 weeks whoops
Well done for charity prefect! :biggrin:
Is your volunteering once a week or was this a one of thing? :hugs:
Glad you enjoyed volunteering and had a good birthday :tongue:

Congrats on becoming senior charity prefect!

Ugh, titration. It seems like it never ends. I'm in year 13 and we've already done it so many times this year :s-smilie:
mhmmm im kinda running out though lol
yep hopefully!!
gahhh i'll try not to, i just cant help it it's toooo powerful but i think i already messed up the stats function so i gotta reset it at some point
and ewwwwwww maths degree nooo way

doesn't look like it :nah: :gah: :gah: :gah:
:crossedf:
true true, it's very easy to use :redface: glad it's not broken anymore :woo:
if you say so :wink:
glad the volunteering was fun :yay: and congrats on getting charity prefect!!
ooh, agust d made it onto playlist.mez!! apparently, there's going to be another one of his mixtapes coming out? :dontknow:
bit early but happy jin day!
hope you had a great birthday! mine was last wednesday :tongue:

biology:

thumbnail_IMG_1040.jpg

chemistry:

maths:

psychology:

epq:

extra stuffs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

your notes are to die for :eek: they are sooo aesthetic how do you have the motivation?????? also, loving the gifs as ever :hugs:
Original post by FlawlessChicken
awww well done everything seems to be going fine! Also super duper well done with becoming a charity prefect .... interviews are tuff but you managed to pull through! We’re all proud of you! :heart:

:hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending