GiddyKipper
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
According to UCAS, there appear to be vacancies still- can that be correct? I am a rather late applicant ....
KE216
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by GiddyKipper)
According to UCAS, there appear to be vacancies still- can that be correct? I am a rather late applicant ....
you have until the 15th september 2019, there may be spaces still available you never know.
Last edited by KE216; 2 weeks ago
GiddyKipper
Rep:
?
It seems odd to me but there are a few options with vacancies. Not sure why.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It seems odd to me but there are a few options with vacancies. Not sure why.
Are you looking at secondary? There's a shortage of secondary teachers in this country, and ITT courses have consistently under-recruited for most subjects for a few years now. It's not necessarily a reflection on the uni that they still have places left.

What subject would you be applying for?
GiddyKipper
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Are you looking at secondary? There's a shortage of secondary teachers in this country, and ITT courses have consistently under-recruited for most subjects for a few years now. It's not necessarily a reflection on the uni that they still have places left.

What subject would you be applying for?
Sec English
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sec English
English is a shortage subject (not as severe as some others, but still we don't have enough teachers to fill all the jobs). Because it's a core subject and 2 GCSEs, ITT recruitment targets are high. Last year the bursary went up, and recruitment targets were met, but in previous years unis have struggled to recruit.

I'd say it's definitely not weird that there are some places still available, so if you're keen then good luck!
GiddyKipper
Rep:
?
Ok, am applying , I just hope the references don’t delay my application ... it seems can not submit until the actual reference has been received
Mr M
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
We are still accepting SCITT places so yes it is still possible to get a place to train in September 2019. It's getting very late however ...
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ok, am applying , I just hope the references don’t delay my application ... it seems can not submit until the actual reference has been received
Unfortunately, that is the case as unis are often pretty interested in your references. Hopefully your referees have a fairly quick turn around!
GiddyKipper
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr M)
We are still accepting SCITT places so yes it is still possible to get a place to train in September 2019. It's getting very late however ...
Thanks Mr M. I have submitted it... 2 Uni courses and one direct with a school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (200)
24.13%
Pop (206)
24.85%
Jazz (33)
3.98%
Classical (46)
5.55%
Hip-Hop (156)
18.82%