The Student Room Group

GCSE remark

I am 1 mark off to grade 5 in English Language, so I have sent my paper to be remarked. Do I have any chance that my grade will increase? Because I heard this year it is going to be harder.
Original post by H&amp
I am 1 mark off to grade 5 in English Language, so I have sent my paper to be remarked. Do I have any chance that my grade will increase? Because I heard this year it is going to be harder.

Potentially, yeah. However don’t count on it because it’s only 1 mark.
Original post by H&amp

I am on the exact same page as you with the exact subject. well it's not called a remark anymore it's called a review. my school said it will take 20 days until I get my new result. if it goes up to a grade 5 you can proceed but if the is no changes you will get your money back. yes it has gone a little bit harder so it is worth a try as we both are just missing 1 mark from a grade 5. I think i'll get it.
It’s definitely worth getting a paper remarked of your one mark off! I had the same situation with English language when I did my GCSEs in 2017. On results day I got a 4 and I was 1 mark off a 5 so I got it remarked and when I got it back it went up by 21 marks! So I got a 7 in the end xx hope your remark goes well x
Original post by taranmistry
I am on the exact same page as you with the exact subject. well it's not called a remark anymore it's called a review. my school said it will take 20 days until I get my new result. if it goes up to a grade 5 you can proceed but if the is no changes you will get your money back. yes it has gone a little bit harder so it is worth a try as we both are just missing 1 mark from a grade 5. I think i'll get it.

Hang on I’m pretty sure you get good money back if you go up a grade, not if there are no changes.
Original post by S.carter
Hang on I’m pretty sure you get good money back if you go up a grade, not if there are no changes.

whoops sorry I did it the wrong way around
Good luck!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Beth_webster01
It’s definitely worth getting a paper remarked of your one mark off! I had the same situation with English language when I did my GCSEs in 2017. On results day I got a 4 and I was 1 mark off a 5 so I got it remarked and when I got it back it went up by 21 marks! So I got a 7 in the end xx hope your remark goes well x

You were really lucky and thank God you let it to be remarked. I can imagine your happiness.
Reply 8
Original post by S.carter
Good luck!

I need it. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest