TheHistoryNerd_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello,
So, I'm going into year 11 and currently have no clue how to revise, I've barely done anything over the summer because I've been away and trying to procrastinate thinking about the inevitable doom that is year 11. I've made mindmaps and a few quizzes but I don't know how that's helping me learn at all?? Any tips on how best to revise? I find walking around and saying information aloud helps me a lot but how do I learn said information in the first place ??

Year11Student:)
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Im the same as you and also going into year 11!!!
Beth_webster01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
When I did my GCSEs I used to make notes first of the relevant information and then key cards of key facts or short statements. The cue cards meant I could revise anywhere and anytime which sometimes helped as I would remember a fact due to where I read the cue card in the past. Then when I was trying to learn the last parts of revision I would make a mind map but try and limit the amount of words I used and instead would draw pictures as this makes you think about the information as your trying to think of a suitable image to represent what you need to put. My wall was full of mindmaps during GCSEs as I would test myself all the time eg when I was getting ready for school etc. Put post it notes on your bathroom mirror is a good tip. I put post it notes with equations around my mirror so while I was brushing my teeth I would recite them over and over until I learnt them. Good luck. Don’t worry about not doing revision in summer this is your time to relax before it all begins so don’t feel bad x
TheHistoryNerd_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Thank you very much, this is very helpful, the equation thing sounds good so I'll definitely try that out.
Beth_webster01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It was such a good revision idea I even used it for a levels
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (201)
23.96%
Pop (208)
24.79%
Jazz (33)
3.93%
Classical (46)
5.48%
Hip-Hop (162)
19.31%
Electronic (57)
6.79%
Indie (132)
15.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise