Hello all, longtime lurker, first time poster
I've got interviews for mathematics at University College London (Tuesday), Royal Holloway (Wednesday) and Kings College London (following Wednesday) and I'm so nervous!
Any advice would be much appreciated to calm my nerves and help me prepare. My most important queries are below... and first hand experience would be great.
- What kind of maths will they ask me?
- Will they ask me about what maths I'm studying at the moment?
- What else may they ask me? Personal Statement? Books? Why maths!? Why <insert university> !?
I've read through a few books, should give me a talking point.
Perhaps the classic "what is one of your weaknesses"!?
- What is the interview room like!? Is it a small room, do I sit on the opposite side of a desk or do I sit right next to interviewer?
- In what way do I answer the questions they'll ask of me? Paper, whiteboard? My mind!? They will give time to let me calcuate right?
- Any good questions to ask back?
Thank you all, much appreciated, sorry about the hefty first post
I hope perhaps this could serve as a good starter for others that are as lost as me
I'll add any more that cross my mind later!
Good luck everyone, look forward to maybe seeing some of you there
EDIT: Looks like its in the wrong forum I'll copy paste, mods please delete! Sorry!
Turn on thread page Beta
Maths Interviews At UCL, KCL and Royal Holloway - Help! watch
- Thread Starter
- 11-11-2004 02:17