kawaii_panda101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Higher Art&Design thread!
So we can all discuss how horrible art deadlines are!!!
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Is there anybody out there doing higher art and design at all?
beth1234534
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by kawaii_panda101)
Is there anybody out there doing higher art and design at all?
Yes Hello!! I'm doing it by myself without a teacher though so I'm 100% failing
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
OMG! Finally, someone who is doing it too. Currently, art is killing me wbu?
beth1234534
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
😂😂honestly dying it's so bad. What stage are you at? Have you started your final piece for the expressive? I barely have and I'm panicking
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
I don't know if the amount of developments is the same for you but for me, I have to do at least 6 developments for both expressive and design and I am nowhere near that. And I have a final composition for expressive but I haven't started drawing it yet so honestly same. I'm panicking too!!!!!
How many developments do you have to do for each?
beth1234534
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Oh my actual god. Six? Is that six of the like little compositions or 3 studies and 3 of the little ones? I haven't done enough stuff for that either lol. I honestly have no clue whatsoever what I'm doing for design and I've hardly started it
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
I know. I swear my art teachers are crazy! And I am pretty sure no other schools do that much.
This is what we have to do:
Expressive: 6 research drawings, (at least) 6 developments and a final
Design: 3 research drawings, (at least) 6 developments and a final
It's ridiculous!
Also, for design do you do the things wherein each development you must have the same elements in every one?
beth1234534
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I'm only doing like 4 or 5 for each! Six honestly seems crazy and it probably isn't right but it's probably better to be safe than sorry. Are you far on with design? What topics are you doing for your expressive and design? For design I honestly really have no clue how to answer your question because my nat 5 teacher was pretty useless for it too so I'm completely lost with it
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
Yeah, I know. I have done all my design research and 4/6 developments. My expressive topic is vintage sewing (singer sewing machine, colourful bobbins, satin fabric.... ) and my design topic: I'm designing a poster for the film 'Oz the Great and Powerful' What about you?
beth1234534
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Oh my goodness you're literally so much further ahead than me. Both of those are actually so cool oh my goodness. My expressive topic is about Caithness things (the place I live) so like food and things you can get there and Polaroids of famous things like John O Groats ect ect. My design is meant to be a David Bowie body piece but I actually think it's too complicated and that I'm not going to end up doing it to be honest. Your ideas are actually so much better than mine ahhh😂😂
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
(Original post by beth1234534)
Oh my goodness you're literally so much further ahead than me. Both of those are actually so cool oh my goodness. My expressive topic is about Caithness things (the place I live) so like food and things you can get there and Polaroids of famous things like John O Groats ect ect. My design is meant to be a David Bowie body piece but I actually think it's too complicated and that I'm not going to end up doing it to be honest. Your ideas are actually so much better than mine ahhh😂😂
Aww, thank you so much. Woah I really love your topics, they are really creative and sound really interesting!
anonymousebella
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hello fellow artists,
I got an A1 in Higher Art & Design.
If you want any advice or anything contact me.
I'm also pretty good at the exam paper (which I know can be a pain) and got 95% in the paper itself. I can help with this and provide revision techniques and essays, whatever you need hmu!
Last edited by Labrador99; 8 months ago
beth1234534
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi anonymousebellabella that's so amazing ahh! Sorry to bother you but I actually do have a few questions. How many studies and compositions did you do? Also please I would be very very grateful for revision tips for the exam ( I got 21% at nat 5 which was awful but higher than my schools average of 7😂but I still got an A so I didn't mind too much but this year my teacher is awful so I'm relying on every mark) Thank you so much!!
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
(Original post by anonymousebella)
Hello fellow artists,
I'm also pretty good at the exam paper (which I know can be a pain) and got 95% in the paper itself. I can help with this and provide revision techniques and essays, whatever you need hmu!
OMG yes I need help so bad!! With everything, any tips would be great!
(Original post by beth1234534)
Hi anonymousebellabella that's so amazing ahh! Sorry to bother you but I actually do have a few questions. How many studies and compositions did you do? Also please I would be very very grateful for revision tips for the exam ( I got 21% at nat 5 which was awful but higher than my schools average of 7😂but I still got an A so I didn't mind too much but this year my teacher is awful so I'm relying on every mark) Thank you so much!!
Yeah, I have those same questions. My Art teacher is SO BAD why are they all awful from what I have heard so far
erinrosaidh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
hey anyone know how on earth the written paper is marked?? my teacher is really bad too but i have my art prelim on monday 😬
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
(Original post by erinrosaidh)
hey anyone know how on earth the written paper is marked?? my teacher is really bad too but i have my art prelim on monday 😬
So, for me, I write 10 fully justified points for the unseen questions to try and get all marks. One fully justified point would include what you see, why you think the artist has done that particular thing and the effect it has on the painting/viewer.
Try looking at art past papers to see what you get marks for, but always write a bit more and really explain what you mean
If you need anything else just ask, definitely not a pro but I have tried to work it all out on my own because my teachers are hopeless!!!
cocoxoxo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by kawaii_panda101)
So, for me, I write 10 fully justified points for the unseen questions to try and get all marks. One fully justified point would include what you see, why you think the artist has done that particular thing and the effect it has on the painting/viewer.
Try looking at art past papers to see what you get marks for, but always write a bit more and really explain what you mean
If you need anything else just ask, definitely not a pro but I have tried to work it all out on my own because my teachers are hopeless!!!
The past papers never have any examples of how you can answer any of the questions. It's so annoying
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by cocoxoxo)
The past papers never have any examples of how you can answer any of the questions. It's so annoying
I know, it is. The study guides have some examples but not for every prompt which is annoying. How did you get on in your art prelim though?
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by anonymousebella)
Hello fellow artists,
Omg hi!! yes, that would be absolutely amazing, definitely need your help. Do you have any general tips for the art written exam and what artists did you study?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (46)
23.96%
Less motivated (146)
76.04%

Watched Threads