Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m from London and growing up I’ve been in a very diverse atmosphere which has made me comfortable as an ethnic minority. I wanted to know what it’s like with keele; is it a diverse university? Any discrimination issues? How are societies and other student life factors? I’ve had negative experienced in the the past so I want to prepare myself in case.
Itsrabso
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m from London and growing up I’ve been in a very diverse atmosphere which has made me comfortable as an ethnic minority. I wanted to know what it’s like with keele; is it a diverse university? Any discrimination issues? How are societies and other student life factors? I’ve had negative experienced in the the past so I want to prepare myself in case.
Hi, I’m also from a Ethnic minority, I’m from Manchester so was also worried about diversity. However Iv been at Keele 2 years and Never had an issue, there’s loads of people from all backgrounds. Societies are really accepting of everyone, no ones really treated me differently because of my ethnicity. honestly I was shocked with the amount of ethnic based societies there are so if anything you will easily find your people!
JT_888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm going to tag in 04MR17 for you who may be able to answer this question as he's going into his 3rd year at Keele.
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I found the student community at Keele to be very diverse, with lots of students from different countries and backgrounds. Even during my stay in halls I lived with students from Gibraltar, China, India and Vietnam. There are plenty of societies for students of different cultures, religions etc (check out the Keele Student's Union website), so you're bound to fit in
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
:ditto:

Very diverse. :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (17)
28.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.67%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
60%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5%

Watched Threads