Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I got my 1st year University results back in July, did my resits in August and will be getting my marks back in September. This is what the University's rules are to progress from year 1 to year 2:

"In order to progress from Year 1 to Year 2 on the LLB Law (Clinical Learning) programme students must pass at the first attempt and achieve a Part I aggregation score of 11.5. Students who do not progress under this rule will be transferred to Part II of the LLB Law programme provided they have met the progression requirements for this programme"

I have throughout the year read this multiple times and have had it explained to me multiple times but to me it has always sounded like all I would have to do is pass the Clinical part of the course (as it was one module and I did well in it) in order to continue onto 2nd year. However, I have been kicked off the course because I have had to do a resit and I am planning on when I get my results back appealing and practical begging but I am not sure if it is worth it or if it will be successful.

Basically my question is, should I do it? I dont have grounds for an appeal since it was an honest mistake and no mitigating circumstances.
How many people have appealed something like this and have been successful? Also, if someone could please point me in the direction of similar threads, that would be great.

Thanks. Sorry if its long
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You've got nothing to appeal on, why waste your and everyone else's time and effort? When you get your results back, you could just ask if there is any chance of being allowed back onto the original path, but they made up the rule for some reason.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by threeportdrift)
You've got nothing to appeal on, why waste your and everyone else's time and effort? When you get your results back, you could just ask if there is any chance of being allowed back onto the original path, but they made up the rule for some reason.
I'm aware that I have no grounds for an appeal, I even stated it. I guess wanted more for people to give me examples of similar situations they've been in and how they resolved it. Or maybe a representative of the University to give me advice on possibly what's best to do
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
bump!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (11)
5.76%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (106)
55.5%
No (74)
38.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed