The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by solark
Of course keep me in the tagged list! :h:

Will do! :thumbsup:

Original post by Lemur14
Ooh we share a lot of modules :ninja: As in like...all those maths ones :giggle: Shame you couldn't take the chem modules you wanted though :console: But at least you've done python before...despite having sat A level computing I've never done a single piece of python :redface:
Won't do tags again but will be following ofc, especially given how near we're gonna be!

I know! :giggle: I was looking at the Maths modules and you only have like a few more maths modules (probability and stats, I think) Maybe we might even be in the same tutorial :gah:
It's okay :redface: The ones I've got now should be good still :yes:
Oh really? I thought you did Python in A level computing... What language did you work with then? :holmes:
Honestly, even if you didn't follow this GYG, you'd probably know what was going on, given we're literally going to be 10 minutes away from each other :lol:
(edited 4 years ago)
tag tag tag:woo:
Reply 42
Original post by _Mia101
tag tag tag:woo:

Sure! :thumbsup:
aww kei im sure you're gonna absolutely smash first year!
we're all here for you and are suuuuper excited :tongue:
keep me tagged x
Reply 44
Original post by mez_merising
aww kei im sure you're gonna absolutely smash first year!
we're all here for you and are suuuuper excited :tongue:
keep me tagged x

i hope so too! :tongue: :crossedf:
thank you so much! :lovehug:
will do!! :thumbsup:
Reply 45
Good Luck!!! Keep me tagged!!
PRSOM :biggrin:
Original post by nyxnko_
:cube:
Hahaha :rofl:
Awwww :lol: You could apply there anyway and hope for the best :crossedf:
:cheers: You will :yep: Meghan is a strong gal :wink:

Yeah, probably will do tbh:yep:
Is she??:redface: If the almighty Kei Cat-dashian says so, then I guess she is:woo:
Original post by nyxnko_
I know! :giggle: I was looking at the Maths modules and you only have like a few more maths modules (probability and stats, I think) Maybe we might even be in the same tutorial :gah:
It's okay :redface: The ones I've got now should be good still :yes:
Oh really? I thought you did Python in A level computing... What language did you work with then? :holmes:
Honestly, even if you didn't follow this GYG, you'd probably know what was going on, given we're literally going to be 10 minutes away from each other :lol:

tbh I have totally no clue, the only module I had to choose was discrete maths so haven't put terribly much thought into it :colondollar: Would be super cool if we were in the same tutorial :eek:
Naa, I've done many languages but never python. Most recently java and various web based stuff that I never properly understood :lol:
I mean it depends how much we end up seeing each other but most likely true haha
Reply 48
Original post by rm.25
Good Luck!!! Keep me tagged!!
PRSOM :biggrin:

Thank you! :hugs: Will keep you on the tag list :yes:
Good luck with your first year too! :rave:
Original post by troubletracking
Yeah, probably will do tbh:yep:
Is she??:redface: If the almighty Kei Cat-dashian says so, then I guess she is:woo:

:woo:
No, even if this humble Cat-dashian doesn't say so, others will because it's the truth :yep:
Original post by Lemur14
tbh I have totally no clue, the only module I had to choose was discrete maths so haven't put terribly much thought into it :colondollar: Would be super cool if we were in the same tutorial :eek:
Naa, I've done many languages but never python. Most recently java and various web based stuff that I never properly understood :lol:
I mean it depends how much we end up seeing each other but most likely true haha

Oh fair enough :lol: That would actually be amazing! :daydreaming:
That's interesting actually because I used Python (and some weird thing called Greenfoot) for GCSE compsci, so it's funny that it's not really covered at A-level :dontknow:
Yeah, it does depend :yes: Just a thought but imagine if we went through all of uni without ever seeing each other :lol:
Original post by nyxnko_
Oh fair enough :lol: That would actually be amazing! :daydreaming:
That's interesting actually because I used Python (and some weird thing called Greenfoot) for GCSE compsci, so it's funny that it's not really covered at A-level :dontknow:
Yeah, it does depend :yes: Just a thought but imagine if we went through all of uni without ever seeing each other :lol:

I so want that to happen now :lovehug:
I didn't use it for GCSE either...your teacher chooses the language(s) you cover so not that surprising, there will equally be people who used it at both GCSE and A level who are experts I expect...
I think after a month or two then we might be arranging things so we did meet :lol: But I'm fairly sure we're gonna have the same maths lectures so we'll unknowingly see each other at least :tongue:
Original post by nyxnko_
:woo:
No, even if this humble Cat-dashian doesn't say so, others will because it's the truth :yep:

Oh, well I guess that settles it. The Cat-dashian herself can't be disputed:nah:
Reply 51
Original post by Lemur14
I so want that to happen now :lovehug:
I didn't use it for GCSE either...your teacher chooses the language(s) you cover so not that surprising, there will equally be people who used it at both GCSE and A level who are experts I expect...
I think after a month or two then we might be arranging things so we did meet :lol: But I'm fairly sure we're gonna have the same maths lectures so we'll unknowingly see each other at least :tongue:

So do I :cube:
Ohh that makes sense then :redface: I kinda hope we won't be stuck with them :afraid:
:yes:
Original post by troubletracking
Oh, well I guess that settles it. The Cat-dashian herself can't be disputed:nah:

:rofl:
Reply 52
Episode 1: Uni Preparation #1

I think I started this GYG wayyy too early :tongue: Freshers’ Week isn’t until the first week of October and I haven’t done much at all since I last posted on A-level Results Day…

For the last few weeks, other than bingeing my way through kdramas, I formally accepted my place at Durham and enrolled myself (and uploaded a mugshot, but we don't talk about that :shh:) I also picked my modules, but I’m considering doing a language module as well and after speaking to the director, he confirmed that I couldn’t take the module unless I dropped Programming and Dynamics, which is a shame. I think I’ll just stick to doing languages on the side :redface:

I’ve finally sorted out my accommodation :woo: (but I still don’t know exactly where I’m staying until I get there), and sent in some stuff for Freshers’ Week (I think we’re meant to get a wristband or something to cover all our activities) I’ve also applied for my student visa so my passport is currently in the UK as far as I know, and hopefully, I’ll hear back from them soon about it :crossedf:

I noticed that Durham does a lot of formal stuff and being one of the most casual people in existence, all I own are casual clothes :colondollar: so I will need to go clothes shopping at some point this month. Talking about shopping, I think I’ve got most of the stuff I need (I should probably check TSR’s list of stuff), although I’m stumped as to how I’m meant to bring a clotheshorse from the desert to the UK :eyeball: I do still need to get some stationery though… :excited:

Other than that, I still need to get a meningitis shot, send in some medical forms and complete an online course about sexual consent. Oh, and there’s a Maths workbook that I’m working through but I haven’t touched it in a week :colondollar: Apparently, we’re going to get an online diagnostic test some time this month before we get there but it’s ‘not yet available’ whenever I check :dontknow:

That’s it from me, I think :redface: Thanks for reading and love you all,
Kei

Tagged Lovelies

Spoiler

Reply 53
Original post by nyxnko_
although I’m stumped as to how I’m meant to bring a clotheshorse from the desert to the UK :eyeball:

:rofl::rofl:
That's sounds like an excuse for your first Wilko trip :mmm:
Reply 54
Original post by 8472
:rofl::rofl:
That's sounds like an excuse for your first Wilko trip :mmm:

That's because it is! :yep: Wilko, here I come!! :lol:
(edited 4 years ago)
you're prepared!:biggrin:
:woohoo:
exciting times kei! :grin:
Reply 57
Original post by Obolinda
you're prepared!:biggrin:

I guess I am :lol:
Original post by laurawatt
:woohoo:
exciting times kei! :grin:

:excited: I know :grin: although it makes me really nervous as well...
Original post by nyxnko_
Episode 1: Uni Preparation #1

I think I started this GYG wayyy too early :tongue: Freshers’ Week isn’t until the first week of October and I haven’t done much at all since I last posted on A-level Results Day…

For the last few weeks, other than bingeing my way through kdramas, I formally accepted my place at Durham and enrolled myself (and uploaded a mugshot, but we don't talk about that :shh:) I also picked my modules, but I’m considering doing a language module as well and after speaking to the director, he confirmed that I couldn’t take the module unless I dropped Programming and Dynamics, which is a shame. I think I’ll just stick to doing languages on the side :redface:

I’ve finally sorted out my accommodation :woo: (but I still don’t know exactly where I’m staying until I get there), and sent in some stuff for Freshers’ Week (I think we’re meant to get a wristband or something to cover all our activities) I’ve also applied for my student visa so my passport is currently in the UK as far as I know, and hopefully, I’ll hear back from them soon about it :crossedf:

I noticed that Durham does a lot of formal stuff and being one of the most casual people in existence, all I own are casual clothes :colondollar: so I will need to go clothes shopping at some point this month. Talking about shopping, I think I’ve got most of the stuff I need (I should probably check TSR’s list of stuff), although I’m stumped as to how I’m meant to bring a clotheshorse from the desert to the UK :eyeball: I do still need to get some stationery though… :excited:

Other than that, I still need to get a meningitis shot, send in some medical forms and complete an online course about sexual consent. Oh, and there’s a Maths workbook that I’m working through but I haven’t touched it in a week :colondollar: Apparently, we’re going to get an online diagnostic test some time this month before we get there but it’s ‘not yet available’ whenever I check :dontknow:

That’s it from me, I think :redface: Thanks for reading and love you all,
Kei

Tagged Lovelies

Spoiler

Where’s my tag :cry:
Your well prepared :lol:
Reply 59
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
Where’s my tag :cry:
Your well prepared :lol:

Ah sorry! :sorry: I didn't realise you still wanted to be on the tag list :tongue: Will put you on :yes:
I don't feel as prepared as others think I am :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending