The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nyxnko_
I could, but probably not on here :nah: (Someone will probably report me for abuse or something :lol:)
:lovehug:

:ninja: have to be careful :mmm:

Okay spam on my blog now
:cube:
Original post by nyxnko_
I guess that makes sense :redface:
I know... :tongue: I can't remember off the top of my head if there is a formal during Freshers, but I'll just check it later :tongue:
Isn't question 1 just telling you how the workbook works? :lol:
Oh lol :colondollar:

The best thing about our freshers one is that's it's free so compared to any others it's a complete bargain :tongue:
Okay, more than Q1 then...actually went on today and I think it was Q3...but am now majorly stuck on 9a so that's just great (I mean I think it's in my notes from March but that kind of feels like cheating :rolleyes: )
Reply 122
Original post by Lemur14
The best thing about our freshers one is that's it's free so compared to any others it's a complete bargain :tongue:
Okay, more than Q1 then...actually went on today and I think it was Q3...but am now majorly stuck on 9a so that's just great (I mean I think it's in my notes from March but that kind of feels like cheating :rolleyes: )

That is true... I just checked and I do have formals, but they're mentor formals :dontknow: Might just go to one to see what it's like and if I don't like it, I'll head back to my room and sleep :lol:
:rofl: 9a is the one with expansions, right? Those ones are nasty :sadnod:
Original post by nyxnko_
That is true... I just checked and I do have formals, but they're mentor formals :dontknow: Might just go to one to see what it's like and if I don't like it, I'll head back to my room and sleep :lol:
:rofl: 9a is the one with expansions, right? Those ones are nasty :sadnod:

I would go along to the freshers one, it's a good way to get talking to people if nothing else! Plus that way you can say you've been and if you don't want to, you never have to go again :lol:
Naa, managed that one! 9a is the one with the series expansions, and I can't for the life of me manage to produce the tan x one :colondollar:
Reply 124
Original post by Lemur14
I would go along to the freshers one, it's a good way to get talking to people if nothing else! Plus that way you can say you've been and if you don't want to, you never have to go again :lol:
Naa, managed that one! 9a is the one with the series expansions, and I can't for the life of me manage to produce the tan x one :colondollar:

True, but I think I'll only go if someone else is going with me :redface: Otherwise, I'm very happy not going to any formals at all :tongue:
(I can tell you how to do it but wouldn't that be cheating? :ninja:) It'll click after a bit :yes:
Original post by nyxnko_
True, but I think I'll only go if someone else is going with me :redface: Otherwise, I'm very happy not going to any formals at all :tongue:
(I can tell you how to do it but wouldn't that be cheating? :ninja:) It'll click after a bit :yes:

I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to go with you :yep:
I mean is it any more cheating than looking at my notes which is what I'm gonna end up doing :rofl:
Reply 126
Original post by Lemur14
I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to go with you :yep:
I mean is it any more cheating than looking at my notes which is what I'm gonna end up doing :rofl:

I really hope so :crossedf:
No, I guess not :nah: I'll pop it in a spoiler though :redface:

Spoiler

Btw, have you started packing?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by nyxnko_
I really hope so :crossedf:
No, I guess not :nah: I'll pop it in a spoiler though :redface:

Spoiler

Btw, have you started packing?

People will be keen to do as much as possible in freshers :yep:

Spoiler

Erm...like all my uni stuff is kind of in/near a box downstairs if that counts :dontknow: I need to get a new suitcase though so clothes I haven't even started and tbh it probably is gonna need unpacking and packing more sensibly anyway...Have you?
Reply 128
Original post by Lemur14
People will be keen to do as much as possible in freshers :yep:

Spoiler

Erm...like all my uni stuff is kind of in/near a box downstairs if that counts :dontknow: I need to get a new suitcase though so clothes I haven't even started and tbh it probably is gonna need unpacking and packing more sensibly anyway...Have you?

True, but if the alternative to going to a formal is a bop, then I doubt people will actually want to go :dontknow:

Spoiler

Yeah, that counts :tongue: My clothes are within 2 metres of my suitcase and I'm counting that so... :redface:
I took my suitcase out of storage and then transferred about a quarter of my wardrobe downstairs :colondollar: I'm packing suitcases only, because lugging boxes onto a plane and then a train doesn't really sound like my idea of fun :nah: Unfortunately, I can't exactly bring everything I need, so will probably have to go shopping at Durham/Newcastle at some point :yes: (Maybe we could go to Newcastle together AND meet up with Protostar! :gah:)
Original post by nyxnko_
True, but if the alternative to going to a formal is a bop, then I doubt people will actually want to go :dontknow:

Spoiler

Yeah, that counts :tongue: My clothes are within 2 metres of my suitcase and I'm counting that so... :redface:
I took my suitcase out of storage and then transferred about a quarter of my wardrobe downstairs :colondollar: I'm packing suitcases only, because lugging boxes onto a plane and then a train doesn't really sound like my idea of fun :nah: Unfortunately, I can't exactly bring everything I need, so will probably have to go shopping at Durham/Newcastle at some point :yes: (Maybe we could go to Newcastle together AND meet up with Protostar! :gah:)

idk, maybe it's different at my college because we're self catered but lots of people are looking forward to the formal because it's time to chat over food but we don't have to cook! Ours are done in accommodation blocks so I think you usually go with your flatmates :smile:

Spoiler

Yeah that counts :tongue: I think most my wardrobe is gonna come with me (to the point I will need to remember to take suitable quantities of clothes home with me for holidays and stuff!) because I kind of wear the same stuff all the time and it's not like too stupid quantity so will go with it. Definitely suitcases for any time you're not going in a car! The box is only for stuff that will stay down all year (my parents will hopefully be able to come get me next June...although I have to move out at Easter which is gonna be a pain and a half in that respect :redface:) I believe shopping in Durham is an interesting experience...the market is meant to be good, but possibly not for the things you need! Supermarkets are also good (it's where I've got a lot of my stuff from). Not sure if you're bringing bedding/towels, but my college offers overseas students packs for relatively cheap with both of those, so if your college does then it's worth considering :yep: (Not sure when in the short term we'd have time for that, but definitely should do it at some point!)
Reply 130
Original post by Lemur14
idk, maybe it's different at my college because we're self catered but lots of people are looking forward to the formal because it's time to chat over food but we don't have to cook! Ours are done in accommodation blocks so I think you usually go with your flatmates :smile:

Spoiler

Yeah that counts :tongue: I think most my wardrobe is gonna come with me (to the point I will need to remember to take suitable quantities of clothes home with me for holidays and stuff!) because I kind of wear the same stuff all the time and it's not like too stupid quantity so will go with it. Definitely suitcases for any time you're not going in a car! The box is only for stuff that will stay down all year (my parents will hopefully be able to come get me next June...although I have to move out at Easter which is gonna be a pain and a half in that respect :redface:) I believe shopping in Durham is an interesting experience...the market is meant to be good, but possibly not for the things you need! Supermarkets are also good (it's where I've got a lot of my stuff from). Not sure if you're bringing bedding/towels, but my college offers overseas students packs for relatively cheap with both of those, so if your college does then it's worth considering :yep: (Not sure when in the short term we'd have time for that, but definitely should do it at some point!)

Ah fair enough :redface: I think ours are just everyone, which doesn't sound like such a good idea given VM is a pretty big college :tongue:

You've got this :yes:
:rofl: I'm bringing most of my wardrobe too :five: but I don't actually have that many clothes so it looks like I'll have to go shopping a few times just to make sure I have enough clothes to wear :colondollar:
Why do you have to move out at Easter? :confused: Don't you have the first year guaranteed?
Yeah, VM have a bedding pack, but I think we've got to return everything at the end of the year and I don't know who's used it before, so I'm just bringing my own :redface: It's probably cheaper in the long run as well :yes: (Does Durham have a 'reading week'? We could go then :giggle:)
Original post by nyxnko_
Ah fair enough :redface: I think ours are just everyone, which doesn't sound like such a good idea given VM is a pretty big college :tongue:

You've got this :yes:
:rofl: I'm bringing most of my wardrobe too :five: but I don't actually have that many clothes so it looks like I'll have to go shopping a few times just to make sure I have enough clothes to wear :colondollar:
Why do you have to move out at Easter? :confused: Don't you have the first year guaranteed?
Yeah, VM have a bedding pack, but I think we've got to return everything at the end of the year and I don't know who's used it before, so I'm just bringing my own :redface: It's probably cheaper in the long run as well :yes: (Does Durham have a 'reading week'? We could go then :giggle:)

Wow that sounds big, I don't think my college can fit everyone at once because obviously they don't normally do masses of catering :tongue:
First year guaranteed except Easter for us :grumble: Such a pain!
Ohh I can see why you wouldn't go for the bedding pack in that case, I think you keep them at my college so they must be brand new so it's basically a quick way of buying your own. If it's like hiring them for the year then definitely not worth the money :redface: (Don't believe maths and sciences do sadly...I'm sure we can make time, just not sure how soon into term it'll be which for shopping might be a problem if you need it before then :tongue:)
Reply 132
Original post by Lemur14
Wow that sounds big, I don't think my college can fit everyone at once because obviously they don't normally do masses of catering :tongue:
First year guaranteed except Easter for us :grumble: Such a pain!
Ohh I can see why you wouldn't go for the bedding pack in that case, I think you keep them at my college so they must be brand new so it's basically a quick way of buying your own. If it's like hiring them for the year then definitely not worth the money :redface: (Don't believe maths and sciences do sadly...I'm sure we can make time, just not sure how soon into term it'll be which for shopping might be a problem if you need it before then :tongue:)

Fair enough :redface:
That's really annoying :console: Do you have an idea where you're staying? (If not, I could smuggle you into my room :ninja:)
I assumed they would have to be returned :dontknow: and by the time I realised they had a bedding pack, I had already bought my own :colondollar:
(That's a real shame :sadnod: It's not really a problem tho, cos I was planning to go some time during freshers or maybe a bit before as I'm there the weekend before freshers' week starts anyway :redface:)
Reply 133
Episode 3: Uni Preparation #3

I can’t wait until I can change that title to something that isn’t ‘Uni Preparation’ :tongue: Welp, technically, I could have changed the title this week, but yeah, I’m too lazy for that :colondollar: Anyways, only a week until I leave the desert… :afraid:

Again, nothing much has really happened, but I figured I should just post anyway :redface: because why not?

So… this week, I really need to start packing. I’ve taken out my suitcases and it’s just a matter of putting stuff into them :yes: With any luck, I’ll finish packing by the 25th but honestly, it just depends on how bothered I am :dontknow:

I didn’t really go shopping again (although I still need to get something for formals :s-smilie:) so I think I’ll just borrow one of my mum’s for now and hope it fits :crossedf: And then just find something online later :redface:

I finally did the sexual consent course (did it all today) and it was actually relatively easy to do and that quiz was multiple choice so :dontknow: I’ve been putting off doing my chemistry induction though :colondollar: Wish me luck for that because I haven’t even opened it… :tongue: The maths booklet is going well when I actually do it, but I rarely open it up :colondollar:

I ended up going to the dentist twice, mainly about my wisdom teeth, which are kinda stressing me out, but at the same time, there’s not really anything to stress about… yet. :sigh: It’s just a matter of time… I really hope they don’t cause any problems, but it doesn’t seem very likely atm :no:

Recently, I’ve been feeling even lonelier than before. Most of my friends have left the desert now :cry2: I want to see the ones still here at least once more before I leave, so I should really make some plans soon :tongue: I think, of the ones that are still here, only one of them is going to the UK, so it’ll be hard to see the others later :sad: Still, I think the ones that have gone off to uni are enjoying themselves so far, so that’s always good :woo:

I think that’s it from me this week :redface: Thanks for reading this little update :grin:
Kei :grouphugs:

A Cat-dashian's Music Corner :music:

Spoiler

Tagged Lovelies
Sorry, I don't want to tag anyone this week... This post feels a bit like spam...
I’d recommend listening to some of Bastille’s less well known songs, there’s some great ones that aren’t played on the radio :lol:
Reply 135
Original post by imogen28
I’d recommend listening to some of Bastille’s less well known songs, there’s some great ones that aren’t played on the radio :lol:

Ooh, I'll give those a listen :yes: Are there any specific ones that you really like?
It's been a while since I've checked up on the blog and here I am making it in time for an update :yeah:

If you're looking for music, Ruel is an amazing artist, as well as Lewis Capaldi.

Although, they often make quite sad songs; if you're into that, they're great :headbang:
Original post by nyxnko_
Ooh, I'll give those a listen :yes: Are there any specific ones that you really like?

Not necessarily super obscure but lethargy, warmth, the anchor and bad decisions are great! And of course the more well known ones like good grief, Pompeii and send them off are good too :smile:
Reply 138
Original post by Aptitude.
It's been a while since I've checked up on the blog and here I am making it in time for an update :yeah:

If you're looking for music, Ruel is an amazing artist, as well as Lewis Capaldi.

Although, they often make quite sad songs; if you're into that, they're great :headbang:

Heya :hi:
Will give Ruel a listen :yes: but I listened to some of Lewis Capaldi's music last week and didn't really like it :nah:
Original post by imogen28
Not necessarily super obscure but lethargy, warmth, the anchor and bad decisions are great! And of course the more well known ones like good grief, Pompeii and send them off are good too :smile:

Oh cool :thumbsup: Thanks for the recommendations! :redface:
..did someone say French hits?? Brb this sounds like a perfect way to procrastinate doing French tenses under the pretense of calling it 'revision':rofl:
Sorry you're feeling lonely Kei:console: Are most of your desert friends studying overseas too? Won't be long until you can make some great mates at uni, and I'm always only a snapchat away if ever you need:lovehug:

Latest

Trending

Trending