AnotherAbi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
The Story So Far: Can't believe it's September already but at the end of the month I'll be going back to uni to finish my 3rd year of my law degree. I knew it wasn't for me but by the time 2nd year rolled round I thought I my as well commit to finishing the degree.

Over the summer I decided to pursue a career in teaching - I've started tutoring to gain some experience and applied for the Teach First training programme (Pros - PGDE as opposed to PGCE and credits towards a masters anyway. Cons - length of training) BUT I wonder if it's the best option. Would it be better to get a Masters in English Lit to get re-acquainted with the subject and then pursue a PGCE a year later? I have heard of SKE courses but in order to get the best out of my students wouldn't it be better to have a masters and develop the skills to teach English Lit specifically?

Kind regards - a very confused prospective teacher
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You could do the final year of undergraduate English Lit via Open Uni. That would qualify you to teach English. It might also be better if you did that as undergraduate modules cover vast periods of literature whereas master courses are very, very specific.

That said, I think Warwick might offer a conversion course into English Lit. Glasgow as well possibly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)
3.83%
Classical (46)
5.87%
Hip-Hop (148)
18.88%